or Connect

Posts by worthy

The snowball is rolling and growing!  After moving that exterior door out of the garage, I swept and moved a few things around, and suddenly had the energy and motivation to tidy up a bunch of other things. The garage is looking better and better and better.  It's literally one box at a time, one shelf at a time, but it adds up.   I also realized yesterday that my natural method of "crisis decluttering" is to put all the clutter in the center of the room.  I get the...
sk8, I just left them out in the rain a couple of times on my paved driveway!  Lazy girl's way to clean them.  You could hose them off on a sunny day and let them dry -- just get them folded up before it rains again (which is what I failed to do, a couple of times)   That's not very good advice.  Ours were not horribly dirty.
I hope nobody minds that I keep posting my progress, even when it is small.  This thread holds me accountable and allows me to celebrate and know others understand.   Today I made arrangements to give away a brand-new exterior door that has been languishing in my garage.  I moved it outside (sheltered) for pickup later this week.  Totally changed the "feng shui" in my still-messy garage.  For the better, of course.  I still have a lot in there to pick away at, but...
I got rid of the crappy old utility trailer today.  A friend wants it and I had to borrow a tow hitch and drive it to his (vacant) house.  It was an adventure.  At least the eyesore is out of my yard.  I had no prior experience backing up a trailer, so it was...interesting.  But it is done!!   I also got rid of three boxes of scrap metal and several large pieces -- there is a drop off near our house; very convenient.   And an unused fire safe -- selling it to a...
zebra, I wonder if you're coming out here?  We had flurries last night, and a hard frost.  Though this winter has been extremely mild overall.   sk8, you are doing an awesome job.  That is a huge prospect but I know you can do it.  Sometimes it's easier to just tackle it all with a pile of chocolate and a pot of coffee and some hyper music on your headphones...  Good luck and keep us posted!   I definitely have to have my house ready and on the market by June 1,...
You are awesome, Zebra!  I still have a whole tub full of photos.  I would like to go through them but the memories are too hard still.  I have plenty of non-emotional stuff to pack up first.   How far are you moving?  Far away, right?  I bet you can make your 20 box goal especially if you can ship some of the lighter stuff.  Four boxes is great progress; keep it up!   I got rid of the roofing stuff yesterday.  It made a nice clear space in my...
I know, it came along exactly EXACTLY when I needed it.  The one thing we don't have here is a local online free for-sale or barter board...Freecycle is only for giving away, and Time Trade is more about services than stuff, though you can post stuff and I got lucky with the door.  Craigslist here is for the whole state and is centered at the capitol 3 hours away, so locals don't use it much.    
Yay, somebody on Time Trade wants the new exterior door that is cluttering up my garage!  (The trade will cover three months of music lessons for my daughter, yay!)   I agree with Poetry -- Zebra, take those pots and pans if you love them, if there is any way you can.  You deserve to keep the things you love most.  Maybe something else could be replaced if space is an issue.  I don't know...just guessing.  {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}  You are such a strong person, I know you...
Go you, is right!  I didn't even think of yardsales - we live way off the main road and can't really do one.  I just don't even think of it.  Great that you can -- I hope you make good $$$!   I need to list some things on Craigslist soon.  It will be a PITA but hopefully it will help.  If stuff doesn't sell, I guess at some point I will freecycle it.  I don't know when I'll get to the listing though.
Me, I'm in a slump still.  Yesterday I think I made some significant progress on the books but they still look like a huge disorganized mess.  :-(  I'm having a tough week and just trying to stay upright, keep the kids on track with their activities, and not let the housework fall to pieces.  I'm only taking baby steps lately, but trusting that they will keep adding up.   Later my 13yo and I will load all the extra roofing supplies from when XH did the roof (5 years...