or Connect

Posts by worthy

Progress, progress...good job, ladies!   Today I did some basic housework -- putting away clean laundry, that sort of thing.  I also got our downstairs room ready for sanding and wall prep....I consolidated ALL of the books that are left to go through (mine, not XHs) in one area of the room and covered them against the sanding dust.  When the sanding/painting is done, then I will organize and cull them all at once.  I'm glad for the 9' pool table!  (Though that needs...
Wow, that is great to hear.  I emailed my XH to check in about the books/CDs (deep breath, big-girl panties...) and it went quite well. Here is my update for today:  I got ALL of his books and CDs boxed up and ready to go.  Many of them were in boxes anyway, but...that's 25 boxes of books and 2 boxes of CDs, with the CDs all matched to their cases.  There is a pile of CDs that we will have to negotiate, and my CDs need organizing, but his stuff is done.   And all - ALL -...
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} PJ!  My husband moved out last July, and his stuff wasn't gone until November, and our divorce is still in process, and we only this month agreed that we've split things to mutual satisfaction.   I am so overwhelmed by the number of books and CDs still here (many of which are his---and I did promise to get him his, but he doesn't have storage space for it, and I don't even want to TALK to him right now, and it's such a drag....)  Also I haven't even begun...
It's March, but I am posting anyway.  Decided I need to make my "month" be from the 15th to the 15th because I simply can't be sure of having money in the bank on the 1st (paycheck and child support come after the 1st).   So I'm stretching the pantry from now until the 15th.  Picking up a few essentials in small quantity but not doing my monthly big shop until the 15th.  Here's the meal plan:   1 - french toast/pannukakkua for kids, leftover lentils for me 2 -...
Can you wean yourself down to drinking alcohol less frequently as a special treat?   My most frugal meals are soup (made with whatever we have on hand, leftovers, whatever is on sale, etc) and "rice and stuff" (brown rice plus some kind of veg plus some kind of protein plus tamari).   If you don't already do this, get yourself and your family used to not throwing any "good leftovers" away.  Half a fried egg can be refrigerated and chopped up in last night's...
I feel so luxurious having beautiful tart pans.  Maybe it will inspire me to figure out how to make beautiful tarts.  I know, that is the exact opposite of decluttering.  But I'm cooking differently now and learning new recipes like never before, so I think there is a chance.  I will hang onto them a bit longer.  Thanks.   I deserve to keep beautiful things, things I enjoy, things I use, things I need, things I love.  I am betting I will enjoy these, and if I haven't...
I have two tart pans that in theory are wonderful -- they have scalloped edges and a pop-out bottom, so they're in two pieces, and you could make something beautiful with them.  What would you make with a beautiful tart pan?  I would love to justify their staying in my kitchen, because I'd love to be a fancy dessert maker, but...will I regret giving them up?  (No, it's not an option to re-buy if I give these up).   I have lots and lots of pie plates.  Is there...
Yesterday we were expecting a snowstorm, so I tidied the yard, including moving a broken gas grill down to our patio next to our other gas grill so I'll be more likely to get rid of one or both of them when the snow melts (LOL - it will make me nuts to have them side-by-side.)   I moved the remaining containers of canning jars to the shed, and added some stuff to the "donate" bin.   My shopvac parts arrived and I vacuumed and further tidied our "gross" basement. ...
Yesterday we were expecting a snowstorm, so I tidied the yard, including moving a broken gas grill down to our patio next to our other gas grill so I'll be more likely to get rid of one or both of them when the snow melts (LOL - it will make me nuts to have them side-by-side.)   I moved the remaining containers of canning jars to the shed, and added some stuff to the "donate" bin.   My shopvac parts arrived and I vacuumed and further tidied our "gross" basement. ...
I am so, so sorry, zebra.  Hoping the next true right good helpful real for-sure thing is right around the corner for you.  Hang in there; you are in my thoughts.