or Connect

Posts by worthy

...no, not my kiddo.  ;-)  My old dishwasher is a typical family-size.  My new one is about half that size.  I am curious to know if this a) helps or hinders the clutter, or b) is better/worse for the electricity bill.  Anyone have insight on the differences?   It does seem that the counters would stay clear if I could run a load after every meal.  But I worry that it will cost a lot of electricity to do that.   With our old dishwasher, we didn't want to load it...
We closed on our house today.  I am exhausted -- I'll update later.   We start moving in on Monday.  
Yay, JamieCatheryn!  Good work.   Early this morning my neighbor (a well-known local businessman) said he had someone interested in my house.  They arranged to come by at 6pm.  This is kind of funny because I am not actively trying to sell my house right at this moment, but I spent the day moving and cleaning and tidying and spiffing and mopping and scrubbing and all that good stuff.  I even had some friends come over spur-of-the-moment to help get things...
  Wow, that is awesome -- and fast!  You rock, PenelopeJune.  Thanks so much for the update.  You can totally keep it organized and decluttered!
Go, me!  I'm on a roll.  I spent the morning in the garage, boxing and labeling and going through stuff.  Just about every scrap of everything in that garage is moving with us and has a destination room.  There are a few small things I need to do in there still, like declutter the craft supplies (my sister will be the grateful recipient of our culled things).   Furniture people aren't here yet (due in 2 hours), but I found two other bulky consignment-worthy items...
I'm back on my feet and have started packing.   Yesterday I called the local furniture/household consignment shop (it's huge) and today one of the owners came to look at my dining room set.  It's a really beautiful glass hutch and large dining table.  They were my XH's sister's, and for reasons of the memories they bring up, I need to unload them.  They are coming back tomorrow to take them away.  While she was here I made her look at the odd pieces of nice china I...
Let's see...I breastfed for almost exactly 10 years, so 120 months, and 7 of those years were tandem, so that's 84 more, and 1-1/2 was nursing three, so that's 18 more.   120 +84+18 = 222 months!   Wait, did I do that wrong?  10 years = 120 months of lactating.  Not sure if we're supposed to double-count the tandem/triandem months or not!
First I'd suggest figuringout how to make where you are work temporarily, and let your son know it's temporary and you're working on a long-term solution.  Welcome his creative help with the short-term solution, because it will work out better for him if he can be part of the process.  Or let him have his tantrums on the side, and know that he's doing the growth he needs to do to get closer to being graceful about it eventually.   And I'd try to save for the...
I'm down for the count this week -- had surgery yesterday, have to strictly lie around for several days, and no heavy lifting for a week.  Makes packing difficult, but I'm trusting there will be time.   I'm starting to worry a bit about how much our storage space will be downsized in the new house.  I won't really know how things fit until we get there.  So I guess I'm preparing myself for some ruthless decluttering on that end.  We're only moving 20 minutes away, so...
  Thanks, that sounds pretty simple.  We're waiting now to hear who is paying for it.   So sorry to hear your appraisal has been delayed.  I hope it's not by much and you can stay pretty close to schedule with your move!