or Connect

Posts by worthy

Neighborhood farewell get-together was a success.  Six households came!  We had a wonderful time.  Friends from Switzerland are coming to stay over tomorrow night, but they won't mind if the house is in disarray.  Soon I can just pack it all and get it behind me (easier said than done, I am sure.)   Today I made a rule for myself: no decluttering while packing established categories of things, like books/CDs/art supplies/kitchen stuff.  I have done SO much...
The new house needs radon mitigation; anyone have experience with this?  The inspection went perfectly except the radon levels were unacceptably high.  So I assume we may not be able to move in as early as we had hoped, since that will need to be done first.  Also, once we close we're having ceilings fixed and painted, so we can't move in right away.  We are having my BIL do it so we need to accommodate his schedule (happy to do that but it may take longer as a...
  Thanks!  How are things going for you?   I told myself no packing for the next week (until after I catch up on work and we have a farewell party with our neighbors) but tidying and decluttering are allowed.  I tidied, staged, and photographed my kids' rooms for posterity, and also my walk-in closet.  Decluttered some more stuff.  Got my bedroom and bathroom mostly done as well.   Several years ago I posted photos of our house in the "post pics of your clean, clear...
Ohmygoodness.  We may get to close on our house much sooner than anticipated.  Financing is in place and the inspection is on Wed.  The owners have taken very thoughtful care of the house, and I'm not expecting any surprises in the inspection.   I have this sort of radical idea for moving/decluttering.  I'm just moving into town (20 min) and there is an overlap in the timing so I don't have to move all in one day (hallelujah -- this is a huge luxury).  So I was...
  What a beautiful house!  I love the kitchen especially.  Wow.  Nice job.   We are also losing 800sf in our move, but we are downsizing storage space as well.  Nothing like downsizing to get the decluttering going strong.   I can't imagine having 5 dogs, let alone moving them, LOL!   Keep us posted on how you manage the packing/moving.
Another Dyson fan here.  I bought mine about five years ago (I think?) and it works great.  Love that it's bagless, and love that it's pretty intuitive to fix or unjam.  I had to replace the extension hose recently, but it's otherwise going strong.  
One adult (me) and four kids (14, 12, 10, 8).  We are about to move from a 2400sf split-level ranch (with a partially finished basement, extra-deep two-car garage, and two-room shed) to a 1400sf Victorian (with a partially finished attic and tiny one-car garage).   Our current house has three bedrooms -- girls share, boys share, and I have my own room.  800sf of our current house is the lower level, which is a huge recreation room (almost never used) and a canning...
  Ohhhhh, that is awesome news!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!  Keep us posted.  Your donation pile is very inspiring!     Wow, that sounds terribly difficult.  Good for you for moving forward.  So exciting that your new house will be so much bigger!  Let us know how it goes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amyamanda/sets/72157630528000134/
We got the house!  Now I get to plan out how to move from 2400sf with a full garage and shed to 1400sf with a very small garage.  I think it's possible that I won't have to get rid of much, which is great.  It's so nice knowing what the space is like -- makes it easier to do the last ruthless round of decluttering.   We will be able to declutter our gas lawnmowers and also our snowblower (neighbors share one), yay!  My oldest will have his own room, a lifelong dream...