or Connect

Posts by worthy

Someone from Craigslist says he's coming to buy, dismantle, and remove my cheaper pool table tomorrow.  Woohooo!  Hope he actually does.   I just realized that I probably accidentally decluttered the bolts from the second (disassembled) pool table.  Oops.  No immediate buyer for that one, but I hope it won't be a deterrent.  That one can live in my garage for awhile.  it will be SO GREAT to get the other one done and out of here.   Housing journey goes up and...
Still going strong at 2:30pm, LOL.  I went out this morning and donated three bags of clothes and a box of misc. painting supplies, picked up some boxes, got more topsoil and seed for lawn repair, drove by about 1/2 dozen houses (eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, and couldn't find the last one), got the LAST QUART of paint (third try to get the color right and I'm DONE), hit the co-op for a few groceries, bought cat food to last for awhile, and that's it.  Productive.  Now to stomp...
Woke up this morning at 3:30 kind of freaked out, and gave myself permission to get up.  I cleaned out the kitchen "junk drawers" - long overdue - decluttered some tubs in the playroom, and did more painting work -- there are some patches of woodwork that need painting still.  Also repainted the playroom patches that I did with the incorrect color earlier this week, and the color is wrong again!  Ugh.  I'm getting down to business.    It's that time when I am giving...
Got the news today that we need to plan to be out of this house in four months (by October 1st.)  Sounds like a long way off, but it's totally not.  Gulp.  I don't know where we are moving yet.   Today I freecycled a futon and a nice futon cover to a single mom for her daughter's bed.  That felt good!   I also finished literally "mucking out" the new little pond and building up the banks and planting daylilies to prevent erosion and spreading grass seed on the...
Penelope, I'm glad you got some help with packing.  Seems like it's easier when there are many hands.   As for me, all of the walls are done except for one where the color-match on the paint was WRONG and I didn't see it until it was done.  Grr.  Got another quart and just have to slap that on the walls and it's done.   I have some relatively minor woodwork painting to do, and then all the painting is done.   I feel so "in limbo."  I hate that feeling.  But I...
So I went to bed thinking, hrmph, I didn't get much done today.  And then I thought about it.  I didn't get as much as I hoped done on the painting, but here is what I did:   moved furniture, set up dropcloths washed/spackled/sanded/wiped all of the areas that need painting (large walls in two rooms and patches in four other rooms) assessed the leftover paint and what I need to buy to finish the project began painting the biggest room got my hair...
Oh, DT, that is such a downer.  I would be clear with him that you need him to be positive about your efforts and keep quiet otherwise -- if he is overwhelmed he should find a way to dig in this weekend and take care of what's bugging him -- himself.  IMO.   Friends and I saw the property last night. The house is better than I even remembered -- {sigh}.  I need to fill that $100K gap...  Our friends are intrigued by the land and giving it serious consideration.  The...
zillow guy fell through.  At least it got me motivated to post pics of my house.    Two dear friends and I are going back to "THE house" for a showing with the realtor this evening -- a very brief walk-through the house and identification of the property boundaries.  Then this weekend the three of us will go back and walk the land more leisurely (realtor is out of town for the weekend).  If the building site on the land meets my friends' needs and approval, we could...
I'm gearing up already for a weekend full of painting and tidying, staging each room and taking photos.   Someone inquired about my house via zillow.com.  Sounded very legit.  I hadn't posted photos yet, so I did that this morning.  Some are old; I need to update them.  Two bedrooms have zero photos.   I just got rid of the two gas grills today, and hope to get rid of a futon soon also.  I Freecycled a microwave, small fridge, large piece of wood, and kids'...
Good to hear from you, Zebra - how is it going?  I guess it's Fed Ex for me from now on.  Ugh.   I am SO on a roll.  Wish I didn't have to work this weekend.  I have just one clump of things to go through in the garage, and that task is done.    I added to my Freecycle list for the weekend -- two grills, a futon, and a large piece of wood.  Just waiting for the SLOW freecycle mod to approve and post my listings.   The car is loaded to the gills and ready for...