or Connect

Posts by worthy

Woot! I have a burst of energy and took a (short) nap earlier, and I'm RARING to go.  Tonight is the night.  I'm cleaning out my garage FOR GOOD.   Earlier I already dug out more of the backyard pond (landscaping project) and carpet-cleaned an old but pretty braided rug that is going in the girls' room (to cover up the icky carpet).   Gotta get these kids tucked in and go to town in my garage!! Yes!  Dump day is tomorrow!  Go me!   Also, tomorrow is the day...
It was so great to read all of your responses!  I thought I'd check in about my process.  I had a wise friend remind me that I love my books, they are part of who I am and how I function, and it's okay to keep a collection if it means that much in your life.  She is right, I really didn't want to get rid of all of them.  So here is what happened:   First, 26 boxes of "XHs books" went back to him.  Swiftly.  Along with a few stragglers that showed up later.    So...
OMG, the property we looked at today is amazing. Absolutely amazing.  Like a geode - ugly on the outside and beautiful on the inside.  And the land is gorgeous.  At this point, my job is done for awhile -- I want it, and we just have to do the legwork and research to find out if it's worth trying to buy.  The waiting will be very hard for me, but I will manage.  I realize I'm in a sort of luxury spot with regard to the new house.  My parents will be buying it for me to...
  Thank you so much.  I am realizing now that without hope of making any money on this house, or even likely selling it without a huge bank challenge, I'm not as motivated to get it ready to sell -- and I have less than a month, OMG.  Here is my to-do list:   Still need to:   Finish repairing downstairs bathroom floor tile (stick-on) Sand and paint laundry room, one wall in playroom, and about a dozen "patches" in other rooms Wash many windows Paint the shutters and...
Zebra!!!!!!!!  You are awesome, and you will recover AND thrive.  I am so proud of you.    As for me, I am already falling in love with the prospect of the mystery property even though we haven't seen it yet.  It's in exactly the right neighborhood and has been completely (and well) updated except for the septic, as far as I know.  It seems to be kind of a plain-looking (on the outside) but very solid house with a beautiful interior, from the photos.   The parcel (18...
Goodness, Zebra, you are making awesome progress!  And managing your time really well.  Try not to think about those boxes -- they may magically turn up.   DTmama, you sure sloughed a lot of items off your list!  That's so good to see.   Wish I had a day off, but I don't.  Still, I got up early and finished removing ALL of the wasp's nests under our eaves and on the playset.  Poor waspies couldn't stand a chance, what with the 27F weather and my big bad broom. ...
This weekend I unexpectedly decluttered our 16' square canvas pavilion tent, and all the poles and ropes and accoutrements that go with it.   The tent is technically XH's (via the divorce) but I was storing it for him temporarily.  My friend is borrowing the tent, with XH's blessing, for the friend's wedding next month.  And we figured out that after the wedding is done, the friend can deliver the tent to XH when I deliver the kids to XH, and bye bye tent.   So...
Go, me!  I just posted nine for-sale ads on Craigslist, mostly for large-ticket items. I'm hoping that the combination of "spring project season" and "tax refund season" will combine in my favor and I can unload these things and make some significant money.  Pleasepleasepleaseplease.  Let's see, here's the list...two 9' slate pool tables, a swimming pool filter, two grills, an air conditioner, a heavy-duty power drain auger, a plug-in cooler/fridge, cement paving stones,...
Well, I spent all day cleaning and tidying.  Pushed some work off to tomorrow so I could do that.  Amen for flexible work!!  And the result is...my house was less cluttered than I thought!  I did a lot of tidying, putting things in their permanent place...or neatly setting them aside in boxes/bins for additional sorting (like hand-me-downs, mementoes, etc.)  But they are tidy now and they take up less space than I imagined, which is great.  My goal is to get all the...
Good job, Z!   My neighbor is coming over this evening to look at the house.  Ack!  Tons of surface cleaning and tidying, pronto!  Fingers crossed that this somehow works out...I know it's a long shot but man, it would ease my stress SO MUCH if he bought our house and rented it to us.