or Connect

Posts by worthy

I called him today but he was out; I talked to his wife and just leveled kindly with her.  She said she thinks he can totally see through the cosmetic stuff, and he even mentioned to her that he was thinking it would be great if he could buy it and rent it to me for awhile.  I wish everything was in great shape, but I can just be honest about what isn't, what I can fix myself given time, what I can't fix myself, what I can live with without fixing (if it's going to...
I was away all weekend and while I was gone the mold remediation guys came and fogged the attic and basement.  By the time we got home the fumes were gone.  So relieved.   I am running a book swap at my homeschool group today, and after that ALL the leftover books will go to my church book sale.  This includes about six large boxes of books from our house that are NOT coming back home with us again ever.  The goal is not to pick up any new books unless there is...
  Yes to all of these things!  Great post.   I'll add that everything in my home has a "place," and if it doesn't, it either gets a place or we don't keep it.   I keep an "odds and ends box" in the living room where random abandoned kid stuff goes, and once a week or more they have to claim their stuff or it's outta here.  It's an easy way to consolidate the little bits of things when time is short.   We have a set day when the kids and I clean the house together, and...
Today I gave two trash bags of clothes/shoes to my sister and one big bag to my friend.  I also took all of the photo boxes off the top of my desk and packed them semi-permanently in tubs.  I know, it's not great to just put them in tubs, but the reality is, I don't have time for them right now, and they need to be tidy and packed away when we list the house.  Eventually I'll have the "leisure" to "just" go through my photos.  Maybe after the house has been on the market...
I'm on a slower schedule than some of you, and you all have my sympathy and thoughts (and excitement)!    I scrapped the idea of getting the house on the market "early."  XH and I agreed on June 1st, and that's what it will be.  My neighbor two houses up is dying to see the house in case he might want to buy it (long shot, I think, but it's a lovely fantasy).  He wanted to come look last weekend, and I said no!!  I told him he had to wait until I was satisfied that...
  Go easy on yourself, my dear.  What you've gotten yourself into is a plan that will make your life better; you just need to ride the wave until you reach the shore.  Do whatever you need to do to manage your anxiety and stress, knowing that it's short-term and immediately necessary.  If it's possible to step outside of yourself and pretend you are someone else lovingly packing for someone else's adventure of a lifetime, do it!!  Sometimes it helps me to dissociate from...
Thanks, Zebra, I'm fine, just soooooooper busy right now.  I got your message and want to give you a fully attentive response!  It has been a very very busy week and my brain is all over the place.   Let's see.  I got some stuff done.  LOL.  Kids and I are in the middle of "spring try-ons" so I can declutter and put away the hand-me-down bins.  I found another bin in my shed that I was able to empty.  I used to go on this special historical re-enactment vacation...
Keep posting about your progress, everyone -- and a hearty welcome to the new posters in this thread!   Today I cleaned our living/dining room carpet.  Bleaaaaghhhh.  We have beige carpet and it hasn't been cleaned in four months.  I get used to it and don't notice the grime, and then suddenly it is so dirty it seems hopeless and I think it will never get clean.  And then, presto, oxyclean to the rescue, LOL.  It takes at least two hours and it's a pain in the butt,...
Wow, Penelope - 7 bags to donate - I am in awe!!   Zebra, I wish we had a dumpster!  I have to take things down the hill about 1/4 mile, but they do get picked up curbside.  Usually our family has about a bag every 2 weeks -- but some weeks I've had a huge pile of them, 12 or 20.  I wonder what the garbage guys must think. Sk8boarder, good luck on your trip - hope it brings good news!     Zebra, thank you so much for saying this.  I'm so focused on "the next thing I have...
A tidy, decluttered house (why simplicity makes me feel rich is beyond me, except that maybe I associate financial struggles with stress, clutter, and mismatched stuff?) A full pantry Being able to pay the bills on time Sleeping late Real maple syrup Having multiples of hairbrushes, chapstick, nail clippers, tweezers, keys, etc, so I can find them when I need them! Our woodstove = warmer house without breaking the bank on oil Dishwasher and clothes...