or Connect

Posts by Mother2Amaya

I don't really think the PPD had much to do with it. I have no relationship or emotional attachment with my mother and I've always thought it was because of her alcoholism but, I'll admit, she did have major PPD with me. I think that more of the damage you went through was in your general childhood; the way she favored your brother over you just made you feel insecure in general and the fact that this was a woman making you feel insecure is where your troubles lie...
sometimes I WISH I had ana/or bul. I have an eating disorder but it's binge eating. I'm 5'4" and 220 pounds and just cannot, for the life of me, stop eating. I've considered going to Renfrew here in Philadelphia for it but afraid they'll put me in inpatient therapy and I can't stand to be away from dd. I've even tried to force myself anorexic before so I could stop eating and lose the weight but I can't. My latest obsession has been getting gastric bypass surgery but I...
I had an unplanned C/S with my first and we are considering TTC this year. I am also hoping for a VBAC. Will having a VBAC help lessen my chances of getting PPD again, i.e. releasing the hormones, etc? I'm not above the swallowing placenta pills thing if I have to. Also, I did not BF and I'm wondering if that would help from getting PPD because of the hormonal release. Any suggestions? :
I'm sorry you are going through it again. Dh and I want to TTC #2 this year and I'm terrified of it coming back too.. I had postpartum psychosis! I feel for you, I know how it is... and when I'm staying that, I mean it. I remember people saying, "you'll be fine" "it's hormonal" "snap out of it." Ugghh...no one understood. So it's nice to know someone out there really DOES understand! Hugs to you!
My 15-month-old triracial (AA/NA/Cauc)dd is starting to FINALLY get hair. It's gorgeous, big dark ringlets... BUT... IT'S TANGLY!!! Like you would not believe. Now i have relatively wavy hair and i struggle with detangling mine and pull out big wads of hair... but what can I use or HOW do I detangle the head of a wiggly 15-month-old? Any suggestions?
I tell most people not to get into transcription but I know that you have a background in technical writing, so I'm sure it will work well for you! I've been in this for about 8 years now. I get anywhere from 8-10 cents a line, which means the service I work for charges at least 12. I think 12 or 13 cents a line is a fair amount. That's about what a transcription service would charge her and that's on the low end! So, I'd say go between 12-15 depending on how...
I work as an MT and have been doing this for about 9 years. I don't know if it's worth it, in all honesty. I'm in school right now to get my degree in health information management and get out of the MT field. Most of the work is being outsourced to other countries and the pay here is awful. Benefits are terrible. You are worked to death for no money at all. I work 40 hours a week and sometimes my checks are less than $400 for 2 weeks of work. This is from a *good*...
I have a 13-month-old and have known I wanted to homeschool since I got pregnant. What sort of things can i do with her now to gear her in that direction and when I should I start preschool type lessons? I just don't know where to begin or when!
cool jobs! So I have a question. My dh and I got married in 2003 and I haven't been to a powwow since! I feel disconnected! Anyway, part of it is because dh is African-American and he is actually afraid to go! :LOL First he didn't know what the heck a powwow was (he was 19 when we met and from inner city Philly where there's nare a native in sight!) and when I first told him I was 'indian' he thought I meant "from India!" : :LOL So anyway, he is worried he...
Boozhoo Jennbee! I'm Ojibwe as well, from Northern Minnesota, and my dh is hoping to become a cop! :cop: : Just checking in with everyone. It's been a busy couple of months. Does anyone know where I can find a good powwow calendar online? We are up in Philly and there are very few powwows here that I know of... I'd like to check it out to see if I'm missing something!