or Connect

Posts by Mother2Amaya

I know all too well the way you feel and have been through it myself. I think I'm in the anger mode now.. dd is 13 months. I know it will get better. We are actually thinking of TTC another one later this year and I'm terrified.
I'm so upset. My dd is going to be 1 on April 14th and my husband and I were looking forward to adding to our family this year. In December, I had an abnormal Pap that came back as low grade precancerous cells. Last week, I had a cervical biopsy. The GYN said that even if it doesn't come back as cancerous, she would like for me to have Paps every 4-6 months for a year and have them come back normal before we try to conceive again. This is so disappointing to me. I'm...
My dd will be 1 on April 14th. Shamedly, I started her on whole milk about 2 weeks ago and ever since she has had hard, constipated almost neon green balls of stool. It doesn't seem hard for her to pass but sometimes I almost wonder if there is blood in them. There are tiny, minute bits of red but my husband swears it is from what she eats. The problem is that she NEVER eats! She will only drink milk and is a grazer, rarely eats during the day. I'm wondering if she is...
My AA MIL recently told me to put baby oil in my 10-month-old's hair. : She has the most beautiful dark waves and loose ringlets and my MIL told me to put baby oil in it because one strand was sticking up like an alfalfa. Even my AA SIL told me no way, that her hair is pretty. I bought an organic moisturizer and I use it on my hair and her hair occasionally and it works fine. I actually use it on me more than on her! I think I'll end up paying someone to do it...
This is happening with my 10-month-old's toenails. They are yellowing but her's are very thick and hard to cut. I have thick hard toenails too but I'm wondering if it's fungus and if so, how she got it and how to get rid of it! Tea tree oil? OTC antifungal cream?
I know it's probably still early for her... she can hold it but because of the anti-leak mechanism, she doesn't understand that she has to suck on it to get it to come out, so she just throws the cup. Should I try a different type of cup? She can drink out of a normal cup if we hold it up to her, but sippee cups are beyond her comprehension at this point. Should I try a cup without the anti-leak mechanism (knowing I'll be wiping up lots?) I am to the point where i...
I love my 9-month-old dd to death but sometimes I feel all APed out. My husband and I have yet to do anything alone since having our daughter 9 months ago. I'm TOO AP - I am terrified to leave her at all and feel I can't trust anyone around me. We live with MIL, who is anti-AP and pro-CIO and has even threatened to "pop my daughter in the mouth" if she were to get out of control. Totally unacceptable. My husband agrees. FIL is good with her and agrees to watch her but...
me! I am American Indian/Caucasian, dh is AA. Our daughter is triracial.
My 8 1/2 month old hates shoes. She just kicks them off. She's not walking yet but it's cold outside, so I like to put them on her when we go out but she'll just kick them off - I keep worrying I'm gonna lose one! Any advice? Robeez? So far I've just bought her shoes that tie... bad idea, right? Help! : Amy
Thanks everyone. I take everything MIL says with a grain of salt and nod politely. I think sweetpea was tired. Plus it was raining and so I think she was freaked out by the rain hitting the car... who knows. I have tried the CD thing... sometimes she seems more interested in chewing on the CDs than hearing them. As far as the car seat, it seemed very tight to me - she just switched to a forward facing one... I'll have to recheck it. She fights me every time...