or Connect

Posts by Mother2Amaya

My dd is 8 months. I was under the impression that they don't know right from wrong and can't manipulate you at this age and I AP... I run to her every time she cries. I'm starting to wonder if I'm making a mistake. I don't feel like I am but today on the way back from the grocery store, she screamed. incessantly. She wiggled OUT of the carseat, almost into the floor, the whole time, screaming. I had to pull the car over in the rain and get out in traffic to replace...
Thanks for the support and advice everyone. Actually, we were in a room with a king-sized bed when we moved here but it was her room. She didn't like that we co-sleep, so she kicked us out of it and into a room with a full-sized bed so we would make the baby sleep in the playpen. We didn't stop co-sleeping - instead, my hubby sleeps in the floor. He told her that and she said that is a choice we make by not putting her in the playpen. However, my MIL is one...
Thanks everyone for all of this info! I am just now starting to look into the benefits of kefir and probiotics and am so happy to have found this thread!!
I have a question... may be TMI but I have diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome and am wondering if probiotics might work to get rid of it. I also get yeast skin infections in skin folds and my daughter gets yeast diaper rash and thrush all the time. Any suggestions?
I have a 6 month old and she has just begun to crawl and pull herself up. We live with my mother-in-law and basically live in one small room, blinds pulled because it's so frigid in the house (she needs a new furnace) and the house leaves much to be desired in the cleanliness department, although I have cleaned it as much as I can. We also live with my MIL's father, who works in carpentry, and brings home wood chips that end up all over the floor. My MIL sews a...
I had a C-section in April 2004 and been on Depo for birth control (stupidly...) anyway, I have had almost constant bleeding since then with the exception of about a month, and even pass what looks like clots but more like tissue... in the toilet, shower, etc. I had told the doctor awhile back who said it could have been retained placenta and wanted to do an ultrasound. The bleeding stopped the day before I was scheduled for it, so I never went because I really...
Did any of you other C/S mamas have a hard time BFing? I tried in complete agony to do it but had no supply... I tried fenugreek, domperidone, pumping with a hospital grade pump constantly, mother's milk tea, a lactation aid, went to 3 lactation consultants... ugh.. I still feel guilty. I have read some articles that say there is a hormone that you release when you have a vaginal birth that helps with BM supply and that article is the only thing that has made me lose...
WARNING: MAY BE TMI.... I'm new and will have to post my birth trauma story later but had a question... I had Amaya by unplanned C-section in April 2004. I got a Depo shot in the hospital (bad, I know) and though I never bleed with Depo, continued to bleed until 3 months after I had her. Then I stopped at about the time I got the second shot for about 3 weeks, and then started up again and have been bleeding since then (maybe TMI... sorry!) and...
My dd is 6 1/2 months and she missed her 4 month well baby check and won't get another one until November 16 with a nonvaxing doctor. I had considered just delaying but wasn't sure what/how to delay and didn't want her to be going in for shots constantly to play catchup. Up until now, she has had no shots at all except for the hep B and vit K in the hospital when she was born. I was being stitched up from a C-section when they did it in another room. I have felt...
Well I'm a Native American for John Kerry. I also have a 19-year-old cousin in Fallujah right now too, so I'm partial. Not much going on here in Philly... getting colder. Remembering maple syrup time back home in Minnesota.