or Connect

Posts by Mother2Amaya

I'm on WIC because I formula feed my daughter. Not by choice, mind you, but because of a million and one obstacles, a C-section birth, trying to relactate, pumping a gazillion times a day... I just had no supply and couldn't, but that's another story. Dh and I just can't afford the formula she needs (she won't drink powdered formula and concentrate is pricey) so we are on WIC. Well, WIC wants me to bring in proof of her vaccinations next time I come. I haven't given...
Oh yeah, been there. I feel your pain. My entire family, my mother, my dh's mother, my grandmother, sisters-in-law, etc. have all done nothing but 'remind us' to get vaccines since our daughter was born. We just nod our head. As far as someone calling CPS on us, it's a possibility my sister would but, like you, she is in another state and hopefully wouldn't think hard enough to do it. I'd sure as heck like to see someone try because I'd fight it to the end and raise...
Thank you. I realize now that the more I get her to try new things, maybe I will too and I can change for the better myself. I just want to set a good example for her and it's hard when I'm not doing what I want her to do for herself. I do feel better though, knowing that I just want what is best for her.
Am I a hypocrite in that I don't want to vaccinate more for the reason that I don't want to see my daughter in pain or deal with her fussing after the shot rather than because of what is IN the shot? I am concerned about what is in them, but I'm refusing vaxes more for the prior reason. I also feel hypocritical because I don't BF (albeit I tried stupendously to do so) and don't eat organic myself, and yet I try to research feeding my child organically and give her...
I'm trying to lose weight and some have suggested making shakes with fruit and protein powder. Does anyone use this? What kind?
Now that I am four months postpartum, I need to find a good, natural multivitamin. Can anyone suggest one or suggest a site where I can buy good vitamins and supplements? Thanks! Amy
Hi Jess! Glad you are over here and we are among our own kind!
I totally agree... I'm still traumatized from my childhood vaxes and remember screaming with everyone trying to hold me down. How is that part of the hippocratic oath, "first do no harm"? You know, something else... isn't it odd that the polio vax/oral solution that we got as children is now..SURPRISE!!!... NOT SAFE?!!! But we are supposed to believe that the new and improved injection is safe, right? :
followed by a few comments from posters: I find it deplorable that crunchy parents who refuse to vaccinate their child are piggybacking off of all the other children who get vaccinated, becuase thats all they are doing. I find it wholly ironic that these types are usually very pro-good for the world type people but are completely self centered when it comes to this issue. They could care less about allowing disease to return and run rampant as long as their child...
This is what started the rampage... a guy posted this article and hsi own thoughts... ~~~~~~~~~ Inner-city parents and rich white parents have something in common -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Personally, I think its idiotic to avoid vaccinations...the diseases your kid can get are horrible. WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Struggling, inner-city parents are more likely to neglect to completely vaccinate their...