or Connect

Posts by Mother2Amaya

Well I'm late in the game but I think it is a catch-22. It is just as much the zoo's right to throw you out as it is a right for your son to wear the shirt. People in America can do what they want, basically. It's just a catch-22 overall and that's why it's such an argument and hard to figure out because both you AND the zoo are right in your decisions.
Ryoko - I do medical transcription from home. It's okay but I really work my butt off for the money. I actually can't wait to go back to school myself but if my husband becomes a police officer, I'll do transcription part time and be a SAHM and homeschool my daughter. I've thought of starting my own business but who has time for that? Thanks everyone for the tips. I wondered about candida problems as well. I have hypothyroidism but not hyper... I wonder how that...
In other words, I agree with Satori.
My doctor had already put me on an antidepressant and it lowered my milk supply and made me feel like a zombie. I'm sick of "lets try an increase in dosage," "lets change the 'type' of antidepressant," "lets give you something to help you sleep." No, no, no! So then what happens when I come off the medication? I'm worse off than I was when I started and can't live without the medication? I don't want someone to shove medication down my throat. I just want to be...
Awesome! Thanks for all of the advice! I'm definitely going to try something and see if it helps. I'd rather go with a natural remedy than try more medication.
: My name is Amy and I am extremely high strung. There. I admitted it. I make lists, I run through things in my head that need to get done over and over, every little noise irritates me - including my baby's cries. Every little thing seems to get on my nerves and irritate me. My husband's driving. The way my daughter fusses at diaper changes. The way people get in my daughter's face and say "awww" when I'm out in public. I work at home, which doesn't help...
I have this but not the physical parts of it, I do it for psychological reasons. It's a form of trichtillomania. I've done it for years and antidepressants were the only thing that ever made me stop. I'd pick and pick until spots bled over, then pick those, and it would start with a 'blemish' or 'dry spot' I'd find on my scalp and I'd keep picking until it wept, then pick that, etc. It was a vicious cycle. I read into the psychological reasoning behind it and...
I'm doing fine. The bleeding stopped. Finally! Well, it's still spotty but it stopped. I didn't hear back about the ultrasound results yet though. I guess no news is good news. I made Amaya an appointment at a specialty hospital in St. Paul to see a craniofacial surgeon to evaluate her for plagiocephaly (face asymmetry) and then an hour of physical therapy afterward but they couldn't even get her in until August! So I'm taking her to PT closer to home until then,...
Thanks so much! I really believe that having an 'unnatural birth' in having a C-section totally deprives the body of a hormone or something needed to have a good BFing experience. I feel cheated! I have done the best I could for my dd and she did get bits of BM here and there, so I will just have to accept that and be happy knowing I did give 110% to do this. If she gets better with the torticollis and it was that causing her not to latch, I'll try again in the...
I'd like to make natural baby care products or use really natural things on her for bathing, skin care, shampooing, etc. Does anyone have ideas for recipes or what to use? I.e. I know to use cornstarch instead of powder. Any other ideas?