or Connect

Posts by mylove

My situation sounds very much like yours. I am homeschooling for Prek and my daughter needs constant interaction from me, and I do mean constant. I also have a 17 month old son. My DD is 4.5 years old. So last week, we had a break through moment, I told her that I need time each day to do my own thing. For a solid 20 minutes I talked about the benefits of each person in our family having some time to do what they want and need without others. I said that I will benefit and...
Forgot to answer your questions, I am looking into therapy for her right now. Not sure if it is specifically play therapy. I have to make the calls tomorrow morning. 
I just want to say thank you for your reply. I am beating myself up for the moments in which I am not being patient and understanding. This is all exhausting and I am tyring to learn how to help her (and myself).  I am sorry to hear about your daughter's Diabetes diagnosis. The food/envorinment link is so very scary--makes me so angry when I think about it. Makes me want to crawl in a hole and never come out. 
Please disregard all of my typos and thank you to anyone who can offer me advice or encouragment. 
Hello, my daughter may be on her way to a diagnosis of OCD. I wanted to ask here for those of you who are experienced what can I say to her that wont make things worse. I am a couple of weeks away from referrals and such, so I don't want to waste anytime saying or doing the wrong things for her. Do you have any one liners that could help a 4 year old. I need some mantras for me and DH to say to her. Do I ignore or talk her through it.  There is so much to share, but I...
It does suck and quite a lot! I give one tablespoon daily (as recommended by my pediatrician and my BF who is also a Ped.), but (after one month) I am going to try to give it every other day. It has been almost one full month and I am bummed my baby has to be medicated to poop! I mix it with prune juice or carrot juice. My 4 year old has never had juice and here I am giving my 14 month old juice. I know it isn't a big deal, but it is just something I don't love giving to...
The Miralax is the stool softener. I used the pediatrice Fleet Enema and that was hopefully a one time thing. 
To update: little guy went 8 days with no poop and I tried everything under the sun...water, prunes, prunes juice, pears, aloe juice, suppositories, epsom salts baths, massage, probiotics, flax oil, coconut oil and some things I am sure I am forgetting right now. On the 9th day, I resorted to giving him an enema. I am so glad that I did b/c seconds later 3 pounds of bowel with grape size balls came out. I will hope to never have to give him that enema again, but he was...
He usually doesn't strain until after I give him the Miralax (done twice with a lot of hesitation). I gave him the Miralax both times b/c it had been 6 days since a BM. So I guess he is not uncomfortable during the time he isn't trying to poop. But once the medicine is in him, he is very much straining. He has small ping pong sized (firm) BMs and then a day or 2 later he has a very substantial soft normal poop.  I have epsom salts, how much do you put in the bath? I...
I have a 13 months old boy who is a very inrequent pooper. Usually one time every 5-7 days. I have resorted to Miralax two times but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help him. Other things to know: He is still 95% breastfed. He is not taking to food very well at all. He will sip smoothies from a straw cup every so often and will rarely self feed things like O shaped cereal.  I have tired feeding him prunes and pears and that doesn't seem to help. He...