or Connect

Posts by 3xMama

We are heading to a plasma donation center tomorrow, so hopefully that will pull through for us!
Hi all. Just thought I would pop in here--I def fit the low income portion and I'd love some more support! We don't really get in irl. Mostly the opposite in fact. My mother is very vocal about our financial situation. She isn't shy to insinuate that DH isn't working at a decent career and that he should be making more money than he is. The last time we saw her she got hammered and laughed in his face saying "I make so much more f***ing money than you!" (No, I did not let...
 The overnight childcare is an interesting option. I am not near a hospital or factory, but I know after looking through daycares several weeks ago that 24hr childcare is not easily obtained. I'll have to talk with DH about this one in depth-I'm not sure he'd be comfortable having someone else's kid here overnight, but its worth exploring. Unfortunately, I'm not crafty and I don't have any supplies to even try to be crafty.  Thank you so much for the encouragement! It was...
I would def leave it up to my kids to decide what they wanted to do. I would advise them and help them as they wanted or occasionally if I thought they were going to make a big mistake. But I'd give them my opinion once and leave it at that.   I'm pretty heavily influenced by my mother in this. I had my children young and it was important to me to stay home with them at least until the youngest was in kindergarten--which is still how I feel more or less, though...
We stick pretty hard and fast to 8:30 for bedtime. DD is up at 6:40 for school and she really needs her sleep. If she doesn't get enough she turns into a bear! Neither of my boys nap during the day anymore, so they are usually good and ready for 8:30 to roll around. Occasionally bed happens earlier if we've had a big day and its obvious the boys are cranky. We sometimes give DD the option to read or color quietly in bed, usually only on weekends or breaks from school. 
I'm sure there are food pantries around. I'll call some of the churches in the area and see what I can find.   We are watching my parents dog for several weeks towards the end of the month. Its possible they will pay us for it. I'll figure that one out. My FIL lives alone and may go for some spring cleaning...Ideas to consider.   Thank you!!
I thought of plasma donation after I posted this. That's probably going to be our best bet. No, its not ideal, but it's way better than this.   We do not qualify for SNAP by about $100 a month. For us to qualify, I'd have to quit my job and the amount we'd get wouldn't be worth it. For some reason, I always forget about WIC. I'm going to look into that right now! Thank you!!
Today is April 8th and we've already overdrawn out bank account by almost $200. My husband gets paid once a month and was paid a week ago. We've got our bills paid until our next check, so that's not a problem until next month. But we still need gas and food through the rest of the month. I get paid twice this month, but I work 14 hrs or less at a min wage job-my paychecks don't count for much. Plus I had to take a couple of days off a couple wks ago and in retaliation, my...
I kinda have to be honest here, the first post in this thread makes my head explode a little. It comes off as though should poor people on public assistance use that assistance to have something nice? Or should poor people just make do with cheap crap because that's all they can or *should* afford? Everyone deserves something special every now and again. If it causes their stamps to run out early, well, that's a problem they will have to deal with. But it is not illegal,...
Thank you, ladies. It means a lot to me.    Last night I went home for several hours. We were originally going to put up Yule decor, but the kids and DH were just so darn tired after the long holiday weekend we just hung out for the evening. It was awkward at first but relaxed and became rather normal by the time the kids went to bed. DH and I spent a few hours together then just talking and snuggling, actually. It was bittersweet. Wanted so badly to stay, hurt doing...