or Connect

Posts by tooraloora

microwaves - not at all   fluoride - not at all   teflon - not at all   regular deodorant - not at all   xrays - as necessary. I mean truly necessary, though, not routine dental visits. I'm pretty clumsy, so they're necessary a lot more than I'd like...   asparatame - not at all
Wow. I can't imagine my 7 year old being away from me so often, especially not for entire weekends at a time with people I don't trust. That must be really tough for the mother, especially knowing that as a parent, she doesn't even have the right to say who her child can visit, when, or for how long. I can't imagine adding more demands on top of all that will make any of this better. Maybe it's time to accept that the mother is this child's parent (not you) and let her...
Someone recently purchased a box set of Junie B. Jones books for my 7 year old DD. They haven't arrived yet and I've never heard of them, so I looked up the books on Amazon and saw in the reviews that it seems to be a love it or hate it sort of series. A lot of parents complained about poor grammar, bad language, and about the books basically glorifying the main character's horrible behavior. Other parents said the books were hilarious. DD knows she has books coming and...
Is there any chance of an incomplete spay? Have either been acting differently?   Were YOU under unusual stress when it started? Sometimes a stressed owner can cause a stressed kitty.
Could it be stress? Has anything changed around the house? Different routine, work schedule, litter, anything new? Are you sure it is both cats doing it? How old are they? Are they spayed/neutered?
I would think nothing of a pitt bull moving into the building. If he showed signs of aggression or if I had reason to believe the neighbors were mistreating him I would be concerned, but no more than I would be with any other large breed in similar circumstances. If they are fostering until they find him a permanent home, it could take some time as pitt bulls are very difficult to place due to their unfortunate reputation. I'd likely just have a chat with the neighbors...
I would continue offering and making other activities available, but I wouldn't push. FWIW, at that age, DD had little interest in arts and crafts. At 7, she will do arts and crafts for as long as ideas and supplies remain. When she was 3-4, pushing just made her less interested. Enjoying sketching, painting, sculpting, et cetera on my own, however, got her very interested, especially when I drew people we knew. Same thing seems to work the same way with my roommate's...
How old is your DS? My DD gets a little skittish over that sort of behavior from DS, though it isn't an unreasonable expectation because he is still learning to be gentle. When she starts up vocalizing her fear that he's going to hit her or something else undesireable, I remind her that if she continues putting the idea out there then he probably will. With nearly 18 month old DS and even our roommate's nearly 3 year old DS (though he's gotten a lot better about it),...
I think that's a great way of approaching it.   You say transportation is a problem for getting services... You might check to see if there is a local transportation program for the disadvantaged. Down here in Florida and where I lived in Kentucky both had a transportation program for medical and mental health appointments.
My DS's paternal grandmother in one of my dearest friends. We were friends before I ever met my ex. She's the one that introduced us, which she has since apologized for profusely. lol She's moving in with us in a couple months. The rest of their family (at least the ones I've met) are psycho, gossipy, drama lovers, but she's wonderful.