or Connect

Posts by tooraloora

You might take another look at your diet to be sure you are getting enough iron. That could be responsible for the weakness. Weight loss can also be a symptom of low iron levels. 
When I need DS up and he's really out, I turn into Monster Mommy and "eat" his belly while growling at him and informing him that I'm going to eat him all up if he doesn't wake up. Once the smiles start (with eyes still closed), I go for his neck, toes, belly again, nose, etc until I hear a little giggle. Then I scoop him up, hold him over my head, blow a big raspberry on his belly, bring him in for a very quick cuddle, and then attack him again. If I can throw him...
When I went vegan, I lost several pounds early on. After those initial few pounds, the weight loss stopped, though (at least until I made other changes). Do you feel well?   For me, I just can't have sugar and get to (and stay at) a decent weight. Once I cut processed sugar, the pounds fell off even with a diet relatively high in fat.
More than anything, I wish I had researching breastfeeding half as much as I researched everything else. I assumed it would come naturally, and then it didn't. DD and I had nothing but problems and we didn't make it past two months. All the problems I had with breastfeeding then I know how to handle well now. I regret that so much, especially now that I have such a wonderful breastfeeding relationship with 17 month old DS and it has really hit me just how much DD and I...
I co-sleep with my 17 month old. I do leave him alone for part of the night. Our room is fully DS friendly, the bed is low to the ground, and I taught him to back off the bed shortly after he became mobile. For a brief period, he sat in the middle of the bed and cried for me when he woke up without me, but for awhile now he's been hopping up to come get me. He's only taken the opportunity to explore a couple times, which wasn't really a problem because the unsafe areas...
First off, there is no need to apologize for having less cruddy issues than other people. My mother was an abusive, manipulative psycho and I haven't spoken to her in years. That doesn't make your issues any less valid. Just different.   I have an older friend who comes up with some doozies in regards to child rearing. I posted on here recently about one concern of hers. She was afraid that if I allowed my DS to breastfeed as long as 2, he would grow up to be...
1. Do you believe in ghosts? I think ghosts may exist. 2. Have you had issues with your pre-schooler being scared of ghosts to the point that they won't be alone in the bright living room in the middle of the day if you're in another room of the house? Yes. 3. Would you lie and say there were no such thing as ghosts if you believed there might be or that no one really knows, just to make him quit being freaked out? No. I talked with DD about experiences I had...
These days I'm not strict about bedtime routines at all. We just kind of fell into what works best for all of us. Typically DD (7) gets ready for bed around 7:30, she and DS (17 months) brush their teeth, they play and/or we read until around 8-8:30, at which point DD goes to bed. Then I take DS outside to walk around for a few minutes (he really seems to need the outside time to wind down), come inside, clean up, and nurse to sleep. He's usually asleep by 9-9:30....
She won't necessarily always be a bad sleeper. DS (17 months) and I cosleep and are fortunate enough to be able to sleep through nursing, but he nursed very frequently throughout the night until recently, and would wake to get me if I wasn't in bed. If he was a crib sleeper, I don't think I would have gotten hardly any sleep during his first year, especially since he's always had a high suck need, but never really took to a pacifier. Whenever I pulled a late night, it...
It's a gradual thing for us. With DD, we started discussing sex in a very simple manner when she was around 4, and then got more in depth as she asked based on what she was ready to grasp. At almost 7, she knows the basics, but isn't really interested in much more than what happens once sperm enters a woman's body.