or Connect

Posts by mylilmonkeys

Welcome, from another mom of many.  My twins are #7 and 8.  It is a lot like being a brand new mommy all over again, trying to figure out how to adjust and cope with two when you are so used to one new one.
Hi!  Congrats on your little one.  I don't know anything about HCG levels, but measuring 2 weeks ahead is within normal and fluctuating heart rates is normal, too.  It could be that babe was in an active state during the first appointment and sleeping at the next.  Also, if they are just using the doppler's internal mechanism for calculating heart rate, they are not very accurate.  It's so hard to diagnose by symptoms.  Early movement is often associated with multiples....
Do they play well with their other siblings, or is the gap too large?  Some of my kids definitely prefer each other's company to "outsiders", but we do have a unique situation where we live next to the neighborhood park and so in good weather they have lots of interaction with neighbor kids.  I wonder if a less structured environment might help?  Instead of having a particular group, they can start to socialize without the demands of an ongoing, continuing relationship....
Mine are a month shy of turning 2!  I'm still in shock when I say that.  I love 4 year olds.  I think it is my favorite age.  They start becoming more cooperative and independent, but most of all they are finally getting verbal enough to share their inner thoughts and interaction with the world around them.  2-3 is a grit my teeth and get through it period.  Not looking terribly forward to it with twins, but we'll make it!  Currently, their favorite activity is fighting...
I measured ahead right from the getgo.  I could palpate my uterus above my pubic bone at 8 weeks instead of the usual 10.  I was 4 cms ahead at my first prenatal ~13 weeks.  By the next appt I was demanding arrangements be made for an U/S, though I hadn't had an anatomy scan since baby #1 and this was pregnancy #7.  The absolute tell tale for me was starting to feel concrete movement at 12 weeks in areas so far apart it was impossible it was one child at that stage....
We had three sets of names picked out, because we  chose not to find out sex beforehand.  I had a feeling I knew who was who by temperament, but I didn't officially decide unti I looked at the both of them.  So A waited for her name for a whole hour until B was born.  We nearly swapped middle names, because of B's miraculous entry into the world; A's middle name is Faith.  But we liked the flow of the names as we had intended.  Also, I want each of my kids to have a...
I almost never get this question.  Our girls really look nothing alike.  They each have an older sibling they resemble much more than they do one another.  Actually, what I hear most frequently is people saying, "They're NOT identical, are they!"  
It can happen as a result of a genetic mutation: http://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/a/boygirlident.htm
We do not have the budget for a spendy stroller.  When the twins came, we were still had the double from our two previous toddlers.  All we had to do was buy a second car seat attachment.  Ours is the Kolcraft contours on that link you sent.  But we paid half the price for it through Walmart almost 5 years ago.  It's held up better than any other double we've had.  I always look for large wheel radius, because the sidewalks around here are terribly uneven.  I do like the...
It depends on how it is set up.  Not all epidurals are on a continuous pump.  With one of mine, I needed to transfer in from home birth for an epidural because my son caught part of my cervix between his head and my pubic bone.  They gave me a "bolus" which is just a single dose of meds into the epidural space, but did not hook up a pump.  I just needed the pressure of the contractions to subside for long enough that he could be pushed up and free my cervix and then he...