or Connect

Posts by mylilmonkeys

Are you sure you're not on TV? ...visions of Truman Show... LOL
Great pictures!  Congratulations!!
I'm sorry your first birth went badly!  I know how hard it can be to have a traumatic first birth and then try to make decisions about another impending birth.  Some of my births have gone very well, and others have been traumatic in various ways.  The only thing I can guarantee you is that you will not have to do THAT birth ever again.  You may have similar feeling contractions, but now you have the knowledge of your prior experience.  Chances are that you will actually...
Yep, I had an older lady tell me how hard it was when her 11 mo was starting to walk while she was 9 mo pregnant.  I have kids close in age, too, but really, I never projected that it was hard like twins.  Even when I had a 20 mo revert to nursing like a newborn when his brother was born.  Nope, nothing is like twins.  And triplets, I would imagine, are a whole 'nother thing, too.  You don't even have the luxury of tandem nursing everyone in that case.  But I just smile...
Hi Ladies!  I need to add our info.  My girls will be 2 in March.  How did that happen!!  I don't know how well I'll keep up, since I just started school full-time, but I'll pop in when I can.  To answer the questions from the front, I am dreading both potty training and weaning.  We've made tiny little forays into both these phases, but we have a long, long way to go.  I don't think there has been a single thing that has gone easier than I had envisioned for these...
If you qualify for WIC, you may be able to get one through your WIC office.  Mine gave me the Ameda Purely Yours one.  Check into it.
Hi Ladies,  I'm helping ds with homework, so no time for a long post.  But I wanted to check in and sub.  I'm excited for the both of you taking steps to be more cohesive in your faith and family life.  Don't feel scared by confession.  It's so nice to feel cleansed afterwards.  My best confessions seem to happen when I go through an examination of conscience and write down what I need to confess on a note card.  I've also written down the necessary words and prayers...
Congratulations!!  My oldest dd is a Sadie, too. ;)
It is so unusual I had to go looking.  Apparently you are in the lucky less than 2% of all complicated mono pregnancies.  That is such a small percent!  Wow.  Prayers and good thoughts for the rest of the pregnancy to stay on course.  I hear you about the autonomy thing.  Totally.  You can get a glucometer just about anywhere these days.   
I think regular blood testing would be the first step toward figuring out your blood sugar.  It would be good to know how your body is reacting to what you eat and when, which is what regular testing would do.  If your blood levels are dangerously elevated on your normal diet, that's not a good thing.  And you can understand better what modifications you need to make to help your babies gain healthy weight.  You do not want preemies who have grown on high sugar amounts,...