or Connect

Posts by mylilmonkeys

I couldn't eat and had almost no appetite until just before we confirmed twins at 19 weeks.  After that I was able to regain my appetite, and gained most of my eventual 45 lbs in the second trimester.  I only gained 6 lbs, I think, in the last trimester.  My girls were induced at 38 +3 weeks and were 7 lbs 12 oz and 6 lbs 8 oz.  It's too soon to worry, but try adding protein shakes between meals and make the most of everything you eat!
We ended up getting the newer buckets that can be used up to 35 lbs.  They're a little bit heavier, but my girls can still fit in them at 14 mo.  Most of my other kids would be far too heavy by 6 mo or so.  At this point, the seats just stay in the car, just like a convertible would.  We'll probably continue using these until they out weigh them, so we have a long while until we'll have to buy new seats. 
I gained 45 lbs, just 5 more than most of my singleton pregnancies.  I really had a hard time putting on weight at the end, and I think I started losing in my arms and legs.  I got to pre-preg fairly rapidly and then sort of plateaued.  Then I discovered that a lot of my IBS symptoms were due to food intolerances, went on an elimination diet and eventually GAPS.  I'm now at least 50lbs below pre-pregnancy, just discovered tonight I'm in a size 6!  I'm a little in shock....
A book is a great idea.  She's an avid reader.  I've also had a thought of getting her a journal, maybe one of those 5 year ones, and encouraging her to also make note of her cycle start days to begin teaching her to track it.  Thanks for the suggestions!
Oh, yes, my daughter finally started her menses!  She is just shy of 13, and I was 9 when I started mine so I have been waiting for a long time.  You'd think I would have thought of this before, but anyone know of a way to celebrate, or acknowledge her new status in a non-pagan way?  This child and I have been a little like oil and water, but she told me the sweetest thing the other day.  She is thinking about being a nun.  She says she likes to pray. :)  So I guess,...
So in our family folders on Wednesday was an announcement that the school has to let go of another teacher due to lagging enrollment.  Not really a surprise, there, but they are letting go one of the upper elem teachers, which means that instead of my gifted second grader moving up into the multi-age 3,4,5 grade classroom, where he would have been able to work up to a higher level, he will now be in a single grade 3 classroom.  I didn't want to have to push to have him...
For some reason the multi quote reversed these.  Anyway, we did different things depending on what we were using.  I think it is more important, in the end, to live a Catholic life, pray with your kids, make yourself a good example to follow (and apologize when you fail, as I do routinely.)  We did the stations with our kids this Lent using this link: http://www.ainglkiss.com/stations4kids/. Do you think it is more responsible not to have more because of the intensity of...
That's true enough.  Mine are so fraternal that we never hear, "Are they identical?" from anyone, but still people need to differentiate in their personalities.  They are very different, so plenty of opportunity, but I don't want them to feel one way is a better way of being, you know?
Ouch, Adorkable, I feel your pain.  And your poor little boy with so many teeth coming in!   
A few months ago I was talking with my mother, who is a twin, and she mentioned that she was always the "bad one" because she was more adventurous and curious, and her sister, the "good one" and that just broke my heart!  It made me even more acutely aware of not attaching negative comparisons to the twins, myself.  But how do you address this with others?  My kids, I think, have mostly been taught not to do it as I respond pretty quickly if I hear someone labeled "the...