or Connect

Posts by mylilmonkeys

Shopping list resource:  Dh inherited an ipod from our son and found a great app for shopping, http://buymeapie.com/.  I don't know how many devices it works on, but I'm sure there are other similar apps.  You can use this one on the web, too.  What I think might be useful for you, is you can create a standard general list.  As you buy things, you cross them off (by clicking or tapping them) but they don't disappear.  When you go to make your list again, you can scroll...
How frustrating!  Prayers that your little one will be healthy, and that you will receive all the grace you need to parent her, whatever the outcome of the testing. 
Yes, I love the chrism oil smell, too.  It seems to last awhile, even after a bath. LOL  I'm sorry your little one has a heart defect.  I will pray for you and your family.  Can you explain what Noonan Syndrome is?  
  Glad breastfeeding works so well for your spacing!!  Mine are between 2-3 years apart, and we started waaaay early, when I was 18.  So we have a lot of potential baby years ahead yet.  I'm hoping menses stays far away for a bit longer yet, at least until the twins sleep a little!  
I hate them, too, but I chose to get them with my twins because I could transfer them into a stroller.  And because I could throw a cover on them and avoid having to use snowsuits on squirmy babies.  I just couldn't visualize how to get two newborns and the rest of my brood in and out of the house every day without them, especially when the weather dips below zero for a significant portion of the year around here.  I just made sure where ever I was headed, I got them out...
JMJ, Your plans sound a lot like what we did previously!  But, I think the challenge to keep up with multiple different curricula enough to be able to pull in different materials, or to make sure I'd covered all the bases myself led to me being burned out.  Well, that, and my daughter, #2 child, is just challenging.  She is very smart and very lazy, so she doesn't want to work up to her ability.  I kept trying to find something to inspire her.  Now she is just home...
Oh boy.  So, I have been working through a lot of stuff recently.  As I draw deeper into prayer and seek God's will, I have felt a surprising and somewhat unwelcome prodding to homeschool again.  I am not going to jump in this next year, yet, but while prayerfully discerning, make tentative plans for the following year.  My twins will be old enough at that point to be somewhat content with preschool activities and less supervised play.  (For reference, I have a 15 yo ds,...
It depends where I am.  On this board, I'm a little more hesitant to be confrontational (even mildly).  I post on another board, not parenting based, where there is a much more diverse collection of ideologies, and I feel more comfortable sharing my perspective especially as it relates to defending the Catholic faith when necessary.  In real life, it depends on my relationship with the person/s.  I am much better at writing diplomatically than I am in speaking, so I tend...
You know, I'm sorry you're having a rough time, but I'm so glad you posted about it.  I still feel like having twins is way harder than I expected and every day have moments where I'm just completely overwhelmed.  It is comforting that I'm not the only one!  I also do not have a lot of help, and rarely get even four hours sleep in a row.  I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I do completely understand where you are coming from!  
I don't know if this will help you at all, but when I was searching, I took a different point of view.  I considered that God is far more complex than my human mind can handle, and instead of searching for a Church that matched my ideals, I went looking for a Church to submit to.  I looked for signs, feeling that God would not have left us orphans and that we should have clear markers guiding us to the Church He established.  I read those signs as clearly pointing to the...