or Connect

Posts by OnEarth

My last final is Friday, I'm having trouble focusing (judging by the fact that I am on here ) and my house got much cleaner today. I even baked. Okay, I'm going back to study statistics for my hopefully last college math final ever. From now till the end it's all nursing classes unless I take an elective. I cannot wait for a break, maybe I'll get to sleep in! If only...
    I am right there with you on the mourning the passage of each stage, even though I dont want more.My mother always wanted more, but doing the single parent thing it never did work out for her. I hope that you can find a way to make it work or make peace with it. I will say she's extremely happy to be a grandmother, and I'm happy to have provided that for her. Even if she is half jokingly harassing me for more babies.... 
  It's a process. The whole letting go of stuff, "teaching" etc. I'm discovering that I am not a relaxed person, I'm a research oriented, figure out the right way, put it into action kind of person, but I don't believe that's the best approach to life/relationships/child rearing. It isn't making me happy, relaxed, a better parent, or any of that. I am at my best when I let go of all that, accept me, accept my kid. I think perhaps I need to stop reading about educational...
ACK! My mother actually just said to me "she (dd) is almost two now. I guess it's time to start thinking about having another one." I think I looked something like this> plus plus some nose wrinkling and are you crazy thrown in. I can't believe she would actually ask, I've told her repeatedly that DD was going to be an only. I asked her if she  just wanted to see the expression on my face, nope, half serious! Lol, I told her that if she wants to pay for daycare for...
  THIS, this has been so helpful to me in doing shopping today! I'm trying to stay away from making this holiday too materialistic, but at the same time DD was really due for some new toys. She's in the toddler stage, but I think she gets a kick out of some of the transitional stuff as well. Thank you! I'm getting her some more blocks, a broom/dust pan set, a blue baby stroller, lacing cards, and maybe a harmonica or a drum.
  I'm in the same boat. I would like to recenter the focus of Christmas/Winter Holiday to be about less materialist ideas and more family/giving oriented. I haven't been very successful in figuring out just how to do that. DD will be 22 months, I don't think she gets it just yet so I have one more year to really figure it out. I'm still debating whether to do Santa! One thing we are doing is next weekend I'm making sure to get together with my mom to decorate a...
    I was like that as well, always most comfortable around adults and children who were either older or younger than myself. I want to provide her with opportunities for hanging out with other kids, she really likes other kids, even if she does spend most of the time sort of watching them. I had thought of her as shy, now I think she's more observant than anything else which can be an excellent quality. I wish we had more resources right now, we are both in school and...
I know, I keep laughing at all the things I am *supposed* to be teaching her not to do. Like apply beans to her cheeks like face cream, eat lotion, etc. I am also doomed.
That's hilarious! I don't know if you are raising a biter, but I will tell you that my daughter looooved to bite my knees to make me laugh, because it tickled! The only problem was that she then tried to bite DH's adam's apple. She has largely grown out of biting, she went through a pretty short phase of it, and another phase where she was slapping. She occasionally does both but it isn't too often or that big of a deal.
I love this thread! I keep coming back here whenever I get those ovarian twinges telling me to have another baby, come to think of it the urge usually comes up around when I'm ovulating Of course, DH absolutely doesn't want more, he has a now adult child from a previous marriage, and now DD who is almost two, she may as well be an only child, and she is my only. I really do love the advantages of having only one. The idea of trying to take care of a second baby while...