or Connect

Posts by OnEarth

I'm in my last week, so I'm sure a lot of other student mamas are there. We can make it through! Am I the only one literally counting the days till when I get a mini break. Maybe I'll finally get the laundry done...
That's a pretty awesome list, I have been enjoying Sandra Dodd's site for awhile now. She has a refreshing approach to things.
  I think my expectations of what her play should look like are not necessarily age appropriate, she loves to do all the stuff you all mention, but doesn't necessarily love to play with her toys, except lately her babies, and her blocks, if I get them out and encourage her to play with them. Give her some markers, or some cups and access to water and she goes to town!   I think that my seeing another kid who is a bit older than her, but also has an older sibling to...
What kinds of things of things/toys/supplies did you bring into your home to encourage your kids exploration/interests. I get following the child's lead, especially as they get older and show more specific interests, but I know people also try to provide a stimulating environment with things to pique their curiousity. Basically, I am interested in unschooling, have an almost 2 year old, and am wondering what i should be doing/bringing into their environments. I'd love to...
I'd like to hear about your toddlers favorite toys/games/activities, along with their ages. I feel like DD (21 mo) needs some new toys, but don't know what to get her. I'm interested in any age though. Also- do you encourage them to play with their toys, show them how etc. or do you just let them figure it out on their own? I have a feeling this will be less of an issue as she gets older, she's already getting into her own imaginative play with no help from me. I am...
We pay $30/month for Clear which is available in some major metropolitan areas. It's kind of weird, you arent connecting to a cable or to a phone line, they send you a wireless receiver that you connect to you computer and it picks up the signal from the nearest tower. It's cheap and very fast so I'm happy.
Ugh, you guys have me completely freaked out about used stuff now! I live in an apartment, and we buy things from consignment shop. I guess I'm going to be washing everything just as soon as I bring it in now, instead of letting it sit around. Awful :(
Just because you keep pens/paper/art supplies stocked throughout the year does not mean that your kids wouldn't enjoy getting their own new, personal version. Also, you could put a smaller component of a large gift into the stocking, for instance we were going to get DD a play kitchen, and I had thought to put the play food, along with a few other things into the stocking. I really enjoyed getting some new sparkly pens, maybe a little notebook and one or two treats to...
We have a basket that occasionally overflows. We'd love to get a low shelf to put them onto, preferably one that DD could sit on while we help her with her shoes. We do have to periodically weed through the basket, and throw all the pairs that are infrequently worn back into the closet (like dress shoes).
  God, I wish I had outdoor space! The first thing out of DD's (21 mo) mouth in the morning is "walk"? I'd love to have an easily watched fenced in back yard to send her out into while I make breakfast, do dishes etc., and then come join her! I'm lucky in that we do live in a pretty walkable area, it's very pretty with parks and a small lake, if not a lot in the way of shops or stuff to do.   I think if our apartment had a washer/dryer setup IN the apartment and easy...