or Connect

Posts by BeautyforAshes

It usually takes her about an hour (or more) to fall asleep, so probably 30-60 min.  
How is everyone doing?  It's awfully quiet out there!  I've been thinking lately about trying to get pregnant again.  It's a scary thing to consider, for many reasons.  The top two are: 1) We already have a daughter with Down Syndrome, and it's always possible that we could have another child with special needs.  My postpartum depression and panic attacks were the worst thing I have ever been through, and I'm not sure if I could deal with that again.  2)  I feel like...
My 3 yr old DD has Down Syndrome, and no real interest in the potty yet.  We've put her on a few times and she has gone a couple of times.  The problem we have is that she poops every night after I put her to bed (usually while still awake), so I usually end up having to wake her back up to change her so that she doesn't lay in it all night.  I'm at a loss for ideas on how to change this pattern.
You might want to consider consulting with a neurologist.  I have a friend whose daughter was having seizures, which caused similar behaviors in her.  
You're definitely not alone--it's HARD, and I agree that it seems like sometimes something has to give.  For me, it's the house.  
My DH stayed home with our daughter for 3 yrs, and now he's having a lot of difficulty finding a job, and I do attribute some of it to being out of the work force for so long.  Just our experience.  
I agree with the PP--HR needs to know about the situation and why you left.  
I think four is a little young to be doing a lot of extracurricular activities, but that's just my opinion.  My daughter will be four in 6 wks, and I don't have her in any extra activities (besides speech therapy).  I like the PP's idea of museum/attraction memberships.  If we lived in a bigger city, I would probably do the same.  
We have takeout or eat out about 2 or 3 nights a week.  I would love to be able to cook more, but there just isn't enough time.  
I take Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks, and I take it along with Lunesta for sleep. I know I should start exercising again, but I just can't get the energy up to do it.