or Connect

Posts by Mel38

The rented sander is a great idea. I also have butcher block countertops, about 9 years old now, and they are quite stained in certain areas. I also need to regrout the sinks. But I am feeling inspired because of how well yours turned out!   Shanti - I haven't tried it, but I am enjoying all the gardening ideas you have been pinning on Pinterest   My neighbor does tomatoes in big planters on her deck, and she gets tons that way.
Mel, those look amazing. Just amazing. You are inspiring me to get out my sandpaper and oil and go to town on mine.
Mel: do you have wooden countertops? I was wondering how you refinished them.   Jo: Glad to hear the respiratory thing is getting better. What are you reading for your book club? I miss my book club, but it kind of died out last year.   Mommajb: mmmmmmm... butter That sounds like my kind of sandwich.   Speaking of sandwiches and butter, I have managed to put on a solid 6 to 7 lbs since the marathon. I am not happy about it. My very sedentary work is partly the...
BBM: Congrats and hover away   MommaJB: Here's hoping all those decisions go in your favor!   Jo: Wow, welcome home - and what a trip! It sounds amazing - visually and emotionally. I keep thinking how incredible this all is for your children.   Plady: This play was Thoroughly Modern Millie. I thought it was a great choice for high school, if you don't mind a bit of prohibition-style implied drinking. DD1's high school (different school) is putting on Singing in the...
My thinking on this - because I sometimes have similar feelings about trips for conferences - is that it is *not* indulgent to invest in our careers and our work. Even if it is not work that you are doing to earn $$ now, it might become that later. It is the whole idea of getting out of the house and staying in a hotel, no responsibilities for taking care of the children's needs or cleaning or cooking ... well, that is the part that to me feels a little decadent. But...
It sounds fantastic - both a great opportunity for them to play and receive feedback from someone other than their parent or a teacher. Especially having the experience at a younger age might help them to feel more at ease with it later in life. Violin, right? RR: 12 miles this morning. Not too fast, just taking it easy with my 3:1 run/walk ratio. My calves are pretty sore, though, so I better go get friendly with my foam roller
Congratulations Nic!!! That's a great accomplishment   Thanks for organizing SS, Gaye! Wow, freezing eyelashes and numb feet from the cold - just reading that makes me And, yeah, I'm no help with Valentine's Day either. For me, it's all about whatever craft the kids are making, not at all about what DH and I do for each other. We usually do get something like food or flowers or... maybe some running stuff, but nothing really .   Hanging in here, but my work load is...
It's a yes to SS here, too. A first for me, and it's about time!     and to all my Dingo friends all over the world.
                  2014 Dingo Results                         Nickarolaberry - Gordy's First Race - January 1, 2014 - 57:xx (PR!!) realrellim - The Resolve Double (5K + 10K) - January 4, 2014 - 25:11 & 58:45 (fastest female!!!) Mel38 - Charlie Post Classic 15k - January 25, 2014 - 1:32:02 (PR) Dmitrizmom - Icebreaker Triathlon - January 26, 2014  - 54:58 Nickarolaberry - JCC Triathlon - February 2, 2014     Past Dingo results: 2010 Results 2011 Results 2012...
  2014    Dmitirizmom - Leprechaun Chase - March 15, 2014 tjsmama - Runnin' of the Green Lucky 7k - March 16, 2014 Mel38 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10k - April 5, 2014 Bec - Eggshell Shuffle - April 19, 2014 Bec - Indy Mini - May 3, 2014 tjsmama - Colorado Marathon 1/2 marathon, May 4, 2014 Dmitrizmom - Market to Market Relay - May 10, 2014 Dmitrizmom - Gladiator Assault Challenge - May 17, 2014 realrellim - Colfax Marathon, May 18, 2014 tjsmama - Ironman...