or Connect

Posts by Mel38

Great idea, Shanti. My two DDs are 17 and 11, DS is 7. I joined MDC almost 10 years ago but didn't find my way to the Dingoes until probably 2008, I think. RM, I love the idea with the body rock.tv. And writing the workouts on index cards. Just today I jotted down the dates for a few events I want to train for in 2014. None are tris so far, but I had hoped to do an Olympic distance race next year. Mel, I hope the sound system works better for to night's show. I am...
Shanti Glad to see you here!   DrJen ran a bq!?? Dang!! That's awesome!     I'm a slacker for not posting since the marathon last Sunday - the whirlwind of life at home sucked me right back in. Now DH is out of town and I am dealing with a full work schedule, field trip, some company, a birthday party and a play this weekend. Asking myself how this is all going to happen, but I know that it somehow always does.   No RR from NYC yet, but it was the most fun I have...
Sparkle, I would think the understanding helps immensely! It's not about changing him, but understanding what is going on. Isn't that true of all of our interpersonal relationships - we can't empathize unless we understand the person a bit. So I can totally understand your relief.   RM: Oh my gosh, you are so cute!! I love the race pics! Here's hoping that this procedure is the one that does the trick! What a strange thing fingernails are! My FIL has a tiny bit of...
Seriously, me neither! Yeah, Dingo meet-up! You guys look fantastic, and it sounds like a perfect day  What happened with your DS, RM? I must have missed something. Everything ok, I hope?  and JG about the friends and trick-or-treating. Something similar - almost to a tee - recently happened to us. I had been fuming about it, but just today made peace with the situation. No resolution with the friends, mind you, but I have peace of mind, at least. I hope you can find some...
Ay Plady I wish I could give you an IRL hug. I'm sure your dad is feeling your pain and emotions, too, not thinking you are crazy or anything.   Nic, were you thinking of getting one of the lights for Vit. D? My father's wife had a heck of a time in Alaska and found that the light really helped a lot. And for your DD, how about running with mom?   Kerc, thank goodness! I was hoping you didn't have to have surgery or something crazy. and chamomile tea.
Yay for new employees willing to take over shifts!! Cozumel sounds awesome...   Jo, that is very sad, I'm so sorry.  Wow, if you do write a book, I must read it. This is a culture that is so fascinating to me, so beautiful but so foreign and a little bit intimidating. I'm sure I'll never experience it first hand. Have you decided on buying some property there? It would be great to have your own place to fix up as you please. I'm sure you would keep the bathroom in nice...
How's everyone doing? Plady? Lofty? I am thinking about you guys.   Jo - Yay, hygiene!! Glad you guys are settling in to your new place. Nick - your question made me laugh at myself, as I was recently listening to some good old 80's stuff that I used to love back in the day. Well, I was shocked - shocked, I say - at the lyrics. Bear in mind that I was in my late teens and early 20s at that time, so .... not really sure why I didn't *get* the meaning. I'd say maybe a...
Plady, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Jo! That's so sad - and you so far away from family! So sorry... I'm also sad to hear of your MIL's passing, Lofty. So much loss in just a few days time. You will be so busy for these next few days but how nice to have a place nearby for family to stay. Your community really does sound wonderful. And so are you!   RR: final 20 before the taper. Whew, it was tough. I wanted to shoot for running the final 12 at my marathon pace....
Plady: I am so sorry to hear about your friend. So sudden and scary. Yes, I am sending good thoughts her (and your) way today.   RM: for your struggles with DS1   Nick: How's your DS doing? I am intrigued by the director's position - is it something you would consider?   Sparkle Kids do sometimes say hurtful things. I think they can't appreciate what they have when they haven't experienced the other side of it. Never had to be alone, both parents working and busy....
Oh Jo, that sounds horrible! The fever, the stomach and digestive problems, the meds... I hope this passes quickly. Visiting your DH's family sounds so fraught with stuff, both physical and emotional, so I really applaud you for sticking to it.   Mommajb   Gaye, so sorry that last run was a drag and the nosebleed, etc. but you absolutely made the right choice. Maybe the exhaustion + recent illness/abx have just all been too much. Nothing a nice long taper won't fix ...