or Connect

Posts by Ilovelife

Yeah, I didn't feel like it *really* got any better until at least a year. There were weeks that were better, but not a huge shift to BETTER. Not trying to depress you, just saying... Try to get some carriers that satisfy at least one of them. I did a lot of holding one, slinging one at that age. Or I would just lay on the floor with both of them on me. There was a lot of crying, but you do your best. Do you have a friend IRL with twins? Is there a twins group nearby? It...
You could also just refuse the test.
Yeah, I may end up doing that. I was hoping to hold off a bit longer so we could save up some $$. And because I was leaning towards beds with drawers underneath, and they aren't ready for them yet. Thanks. Any other thoughts welcome as well.
Ours are 2 1/2. We still have the gates up, but it's really to limit access rather than about stair safety. I don't want them upstairs unattended because they get into big sister's things. And the boys still mouthe toys so that's not safe (think small hair clips, gems, etc.). Also, there are a couple things in my room I don't wnat them into (like the Tums on my nightstand Plus the upstairs bathroom--they can turn on the water in the tub, there is a plunger in there, and a...
Yeah, everything is locked up or we just gave it away if it couldn't be made safe. Their room has nothing but their beds in it (see my post in family safety about that!). Plus window bars in their bedroom (there is a windowseat, so easy access to old windows). And I try to get the outsides to the playground or off to a gymnastics center or somewhere every day. And we have a psuedo gross motor area in our basement--trampoline, slide, ball pit, old mattress to jump on, drum...
Yes, that's what we've done for now. They still prop it up on the other bed (we just took out the one) and unfortunately there is a windowseat in the room that can't be removed. That's where they mostly prop it. I do have safety bars in the window! I'm probably being a bit silly, but the little bed is so cute I'd like to use it Plus they have nothing besides the beds in their room since they are so, um, curious, so with just mattresses it really looks a bit grim in there.
Cynthia, I know you said the hospital would want to keep the baby longer & do tests & whatnot if you refuse the abx. But you don't sound positive about your decision. You do have the option of declining the extended stay & additional tests. You can sign your baby out AMA if need be. I'm not necessarily recommending it as I'm not a pediatrician and I know gbs disease can be very serious. But it is also extremely rare unless further complicating factors exist (PROM, etc.). I...
Our twin boys have toddler beds with crib mattresses on them. The problem is they pull the mattress off one of the beds and then use it to make slides/mountains/etc. It is a heavy mattress and if they climb under the bed and push it up I worry it may fall on them & they could get stuck between the mattress and the metal bed frame. Does anyone know a way to secure the mattress to the bed frame? I thought of using a strap or bungy cord, but don't want them to wedge their...
Quote: Originally Posted by youngsoul Oh geez, lovely post about the baby dying. Seriously, though, the chances are small...aren't they...of something bad happening? I'm going to go re-read what Ina May says about it. Horrible. Here's another good link for info: http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/gbs.html#Lavage
I tested + last time with my twins. I refused the abx because I was not up for starting a double nursing relationship with thrush. I did not have any further risk factors (fever, PROM, prematurity, etc.). The pediatrician backed me up at the delivery (it really is the peds issue moreso than the OB--at least when there is a ped present, like with twin delivery). I did retest--myself through my mw and was able to get a negative test for the records. I also did hibiclens wash...