or Connect

Posts by karynao

Hi, I just wanted to answer your question. What would you do? I would get a new doctor or midwife. It's not too late. I would continue to trust your instincts. I would sit down w/your mom explain your fears. constantly remind her during your talk that it is YOU who is having the baby. You appreciate her concerns and love for you but what YOU need from her is SUPPORT. INVOLVE her by asking her to help you look for a new dr/midwife. YOu also need an advocate. Is...
Hi, Thank you for the post. Yes, I am getting the feeling I should be very discreet about the process. There have been some unintentional UC'ers on Galiano. But none purposeful that i know of. The general line I get is "everyone goes to the hospital". I trusted my self and my instincts in the last two births and I will do the same. BUT you are correct in advicing "I decided to stay home". I am prepared for the negative feelings it is just so frustrating how...
Hi, I am trying to educate and inform myself for an UC it being my third birth. Let me give you the facts and perhaps you can guide me; I live in Galiano Island. There is no permanent doctor on the island. I DO NOT want to PAY to stay in somebody else's home to await my birth. I already pay enough taxes This being in Victoria or Salt Spring. My second birth was MOSTLY unassisted homebirth in Ottawa. The 1st midwife got lost getting to the house and the second...