or Connect

Posts by NataliaI

My middle child tends to be anxious, though not to the extent some of you describe.  I find cell salts to be very helpful in normalizing anxiety.  They offer the benefit of being inexpensive, safe, and easy to give children.  I think I've talked about them in some other posts and can write more if someone wants to know.   When anxiety is high, I also tell ds "relaxing stories."  He has a very significant language delay, but enjoys this time anyway.  I often hold...
It is difficult to fit a child into a label.  At one time, I thought one of my children might fit the NVLD box.  Things shift and change.   If the label seems to fit your ds now and you are getting useful ideas for supporting him by reading about NVLD, use them.  Unless you need a specific label to get specific services, it doesn't really matter.  Most of the therapies overlap significantly.
I know this is very frustrating, but I urge you to reconsider and allow him to have bms in the pull up as long as necessary.  Holding the stool is extremely unhealthy and can lead to serious long-term problems.  Pooping in a pull up is not harmful to him as long as it is removed promptly.   Why is his behavior worse w/o BMs?  Think about what the stool is.  It is the body's waste and is meant to be eliminated.  When he does not have a BM, it sits in his body...
My son began riding the bus to school at 3 yo.  It was a regular length bus but they did have car seats for the small children and seat belts for the older ones.   He loved riding the bus and it was convenient for me.   I still hear people -- adults -- making comments about "riding the short bus" and, like so many of these things that have crept into the vernacular, ignore it.  It is not worth my time and energy to deal with it.
Have you contacted your school district?  They usually do these evaluations at no charge.
  This is how I feel too.    All behavior is communication.  What is my child telling me?
Well...  I agree that it sounds like something is up -- most importantly because your mommy-radar is telling you so.  But as to some of your specific questions, I have had the opposite experience with my NT child.  He did not know basic shapes, colors or letters at Kindergarten age.  Didn't care,  didn't want to learn.  My children on the spectrum knew them by age 1.    Just pointing this out because the "academic" type issues you describe are not a red-flag for...
If you don't see results from a remedy, your homeopath should (at the next visit) adjust the potency or give you another.   If one of the remedies discussed does like a match, try it on your own.  If you see any results, I'd love to hear.  Send me a pm here or comment on the blog.   
My youngest is very sensitive to clothing -- and I used to have huge issues feeling like I was being choked when anything touched my neck.  We both feel better with homeopathic treatment which has several remedies listed with the rubric "clothing, intolerance."  I recently blogged about a few homeopathic remedies that are often prescribed for children with clothing intolerance challenges and also about using EFT for dealing with these issues -- from both the mother's and...
That is the title of a book that I read years ago and have since donated. (Now want to read again.) This is a heavier topic, but is anyone willing to chat about this? I am reading "Taming the Spirited Child" by Michael Popkin. Despite my initial aversion to the word taming, I am finding the book quite useful and enlightening. Right in Ch. 1 the author quotes a mother saying, "I never know I could get angry until I had Alex!" This was true for me. I am even...