or Connect

Posts by NataliaI

Another view: After doing a bit of research, I was more concerned about effects of anesthesia. When ds had fillings (about age 5 or 6), we decided (against dentist's recommendation) to have him put on a papose board (restrained). I sat on him and lovingly held his head. The procedures took about 5 - 10 minutes. He was not traumatized and calmed down instantly as soon as the procedure was over. I know this would not work for all kids. Just sharing another view.
Mother's intuition is usually right. If you suspect that your son needs more support, you are probably correct. What the diagnosis is is a mystery that cannot be unravelled here. My NT son has many similiarities to your son. He will be 8 next week. He is just starting to learn to read. Writing is very challenging for him. My autistic son could read and write at that age. I share this so that you know that a few signs or characteristics may not indicate a...
I would like to introduce myself in this forum since I expect that this is where I will spend most of my time. I have 3 children, ages 12, 10 and 7 (for one more week). My middle child is autistic. The other two are also uniquely magnificent. I'm no longer sure what normal -- whatever that is -- looks like. We like it this way -- though it certainly wasn't always like that. I devoted almost all of my energy to parenting until last year. We homeschooled...