or Connect

Posts by Petie1104

My concern in my previous post was that ds2 was riding his bike. The child asked if he could ride with ds and I explained where ds's limits were (to the end of the block in 2 directions where I can see him the whole time).  The child said he understood but as soon as he was away from us with ds alone, he kept convincing him to go around the block.  He has also tried to force my children to let him do things in our home that aren't allowed, citing that "I'm a guest so I...
Maybe you could try to lengthen, slowly, the amount of time she stays in her bed.  Put a clock in her room and when you put her to bed then say, "now if you wake up before the clock says, 11:00 then you stay in here quietly until then and then you can come straight into mommy and daddy's bed."  This way you teach her that it's ok for her to need mommy and daddy, but she can feel some control over it as well.  I know that if someone says to me that we're going on a drive...
I do fundraising, I don't volunteer.   I am willing to work at fundraising, probably because having been in band during my school years, with parents who couldn't afford to pay for everything I needed, I saw the benefits of those fundraisers. I am also more willing to do fundraising at THIS school, if they ever need me to because they provide everything.  Literally, my first and my fourth graders only needed a binder and pencils.  That was their school supply list...
I wrote a post a while back about a neighbor's child who was friends with my kids.  Now, I don't know how to handle a new situation.  Basically, I have made it a point not to allow ds2 to visit with this neighbor unless ds1 is willing to go as well.  I just heard something that concerns me though.  The neighbor's child is trying to get ds2 to leave our backyard and go to his.  I just sent ds1 out to play with ds2 because I don't want to cut ds2's playtime short just...
 To me, that seems extremely inappropriate.  The only person allowed to touch dd's bare back is DH and that's because I would know he was doing it for a legitimate reason.  My dd is 7.  I would call and say that you saw inappropriate behavior.  You are not being completely paranoid.  Now, I would say you may be sensitive in saying dp can't do that with his own dd, but honestly, you aren't paranoid.  Trust your instincts and call someone to stop this before it becomes...
When I was single I had a tarantula.  He died when dss was about 3 or 4 and I haven't had the opportunity to have another one, but if I had to choose, that's what I would get.  Mine was really wonderful to interact with and would sit on my shoulder while I walked around the house doing chores or reading or just about any time I was home.  Maintenance is a piece of sponge with some water in it (no water dish as they can drown).  Feeding was once a week throwing in a few...
 I'm not sure the why's about this one, but, my grandfather had no middle name.  He is one of 6 kids and none of them have middle names.  At any rate, when he was an adult, he needed a middle initial for some reason (I think it was something with the military, but anyway). It became an issue and he had to get his birth certificate changed to include a middle name.  Mind you, he picked P for his middle name.  He became Arthur P. xxxxx.  Kind of funny, but he didn't want to...
DS 2 favorite color right now is red, and as far as he's concerned, pink is just light red, so he loves it.    With that said, if you don't like the idea of him wearing it, you could go get some dye and just turn the pink to red.  Now that I think about it, hey, I might do that with some of dd's clothes when I get ready to see about hand me downs again. 
I wish I had suggestions.  Unfortunately I have a screamer, not a whiner.  I do know that when dd starts to scream at me I look at her and say, "I'll be glad to listen when you want to talk to me.  Otherwise you can go over there and scream."  It seems to work because now all I have to do is look at her and start to walk away and she will start to talk to me. 
I'm going to say this, and I'll probably be told I'm wrong, but I have to say it...   Spanking works.   So do time outs, withholding affection, CIO, beatings, torture, abuse, etc.   The question isn't whether it works or not.  The question is what kind of a relationship do you want with your children.  Do you want your child to be aggressive, because if you show them aggression, that aggression will come out somewhere and it probably WON'T be in your presence...