or Connect

Posts by Shanesmom

Sounds like a good plan
  wait. Why are we assuming these infections are worst as an adult than as a child?? In my mind, I would think an adult would be better able to cope?
  what is shedding? I've never heard that term before
  I have to agree with everyone else. I simply hold his hand and this seems to distract him for a bit. When he starts up again, I'll take his hands again
  well, I'm very glad that you have decided to keep nursing your little one. That's the best thing you could ever do for her! And I'm proud of you for being able to disern good/bad advice from your doctor instead of simply "trusting" everything she says. Even the "experts" get it wrong now and then!
I agree with the organic olive oil suggestions!! Google and/or ask around for some herbal baths you and the baby can take after the birth. They are love
I'm glad that I insisted on having only my husband and the MW there. I'm glad I had a ton of towels handy. Have your DP stick them in the dryer for you if you have a tub right before you come out. Speaking of which......I'm soooo glad I had a waterbirth!! I would advise going easy on the visitors. And have a lot of faith in yourself. Good luck!!!! You'll love it
I'm glad that I insisted on having only my husband and the MW there. I'm glad I had a ton of towels handy. Have your DP stick them in the dryer for you if you have a tub right before you come out. Speaking of which......I'm soooo glad I had a waterbirth!! I would advise going easy on the visitors. And have a lot of faith in yourself. Good luck!!!! You'll love it
I totally wrinkled up during my water birth, cause I was in and out of the tub for 44 hours. Trust me, you won't care!!
This is a hard one. On the one hand I do agree that because you are the one doing all the work, and because it is YOUR birth experience, you should have it the way you want it. On the other hand, I don't think at any time in a marriage, one should adopt the attitude of, " it's my body, this is the way it's gonna be, so deal with it." there needs to be some graciousness. Let him do his research. Keep talking to him about it in love and patience.