or Connect

Posts by cicim

I have an anterior and low-lying placenta (not previa, but they want to check it again later on) per the 20-wk. ultrasound.  This is my first, so I have nothing to compare to...   I have also been feeling lots of low movement in the last week, with only the rare nudge higher in my belly.  Mostly, it feels like I'm being nudged in the intestines/colon! Fortunately she's not kicking too hard, so it doesn't hurt, but it sure does feel weird.  The nurse midwife told me...
I'm getting ready to start Hypnobabies too! I'm only 23 weeks, but I think the extra time will help me. I was debating doing Bradley first, but I feel that I can get the technical information elsewhere, and I really want to go deep into the relaxation, as I'm someone who needs a lot of practice with that.   Also, DH and I watched a lot of YouTube videos and were really sold on hypnosis over Bradley.  The moms just looked sooooo much more comfortable.     I'm also...
Ooh, I'm partial to Alice, but can't use it myself (doesn't work well with last name). It's such a simple, classic name. I like Felicity, too, though four syllables is a little long for constant use, in my opinion. Do you have a nickname you'd use for Felicity?
Yay, a craft thread! I'm working on a baby quilt right now. The top is together, now on to the quilting.   Hoping to get some other projects started soon.     For those sewing clothes, diapers, etc., where did you get patterns? Do you buy them? Find online? If so, can you share some links?   Those ugg booties are adorable! Wish I could knit well enough to attempt something like that!  
Another girl here!!! 
I am 18 wks. today and not feeling anything really definite. I've felt a few little bumps or flicks over the past couple weeks that I thought might be the baby, but I wasn't sure. (This is my first so I don't really know what it feels like!) I have heard the heartbeat at two appointments so far, which is great, but I am also getting impatient to feel those little kicks! 
You all who are feeling the baby move are so lucky! I have not felt anything yet. This is my first, but hopefully it won't be too much longer!   I'm officially transitioning to maternity clothes now.  All my regular pants except for sweatpants and a baggy pair of cargo pants are too uncomfortable, even unbuttoned with the belly band.  So that's exciting.     Also, I started a baby quilt yesterday!   I found my quilt box in the basement, complete with a twin-sized...
I'm in the same boat, although in my case, I've had acne for years, but early pregnancy made it worse. My skin does seem a lot better now that I'm starting the second trimester.    It's especially frustrating because all the products I'd normally use are questionable during pregnancy (what isn't, really? - for almost everything I've googled, from tea to essential oils, there is some site that says it's unsafe...argh)   My only recommendations are: 1) wash with...
Any recommendations for a pillow for taller ladies? I've really been wanting one of these (hip hurts from sleeping on my side), so I started reading reviews.  I came across a number of reviews where women who were 5'6" or so said they were too tall for the pillow! I'm 5'8" so I've held off on ordering one based on those comments.  Maybe I'll just attempt to make my own instead, so I can make it as long as I need. Still, I may not get around to it.  Any taller ladies...
I had an appt. Monday and heard the heartbeat for the first time! It was pretty much the coolest thing ever, and definitely made the pregnancy seem more "real" to us. Heart rate was 158.  What does that mean according to the old wives tale about gender?   I'm 12w4d now, and we are starting to tell people outside the immediate family. We each told some friends and co-workers yesterday.  We'll tell the extended family on Thanksgiving.  Not sure how to make the...