or Connect

Posts by erinmattsmom88

This one gets my vote. We have Irish in our family too (DH side). I went with Erin for DD. I kinda wish I spelled it differently though. Errin or Erryn or Aeryn. Oh well. I guess she can change it when she gets older if she wants. Love the Irish/Gaelic names. They're so beautiful!
Thanks for your reply!   My gut instinct tells me we should be ok. But, I need to hear from others that, you know? We have been together for 14 years and have gone this long without a problem. It just freaks me out that 48 hours after sex/oral sex, I get a cold sore. However, it was a solid 48 hours after that symptoms began. I don't think it has ever been this close... time from sex to cold sore. So, that's why I am sorta paranoid right now. I have a heavy coating of...
Sorry for the TMI, BUT...   Woke up this morning with a cold sore. Last night the area started feeling weird, not the usual tingling, but just weird. It was enough for me to think, hmm something may be up. Now today, bang, it's here. I have been getting these since I was 10. Anyway, so, DH and I had sex Saturday night (48 hours before symptoms started) and well, you know how that goes! LOL! Anyway, I had absolutely no signs of this cold sore AT ALL on Saturday. So, I...
Exactly. And I've said before, if you...or anyone... thinks that the US government "cares" about its citizens, you are living in a fantasy land. "You" is being used in general terms and is not meant to single out you, the OP. Of note, wasn't there a "study" that came out recently that claimed that breastfed babies are no better off than formula fed babies? I wonder who sponsored that study?? Follow the money trail I guess. If I can find a link, I'll post it. Stuff like...
I used to live in Cary, NC and we used Triangle Pediatrics... specifically Dr. Salter. She was recommended to us by someone I know. My kids were patients of hers back in 2009/2010... until we moved out-of-state. She was great and totally respected my choices and was cool with whatever we wanted to do. I know that Cary is a bit of a drive from Durham, but Dr. Salter was great. Definitely worth a look especially if you are having trouble finding someone closer to home. I...
I never read any books. I did random internet searches during the struggles (from my standpoint). Potty "learning" is difficult and my least favorite childhood "milestone". It won't work unless your child is ready. They will show the signs. My DD who is 6 learned at 34 months. My DS who is almost 4 just learned back in September/October. He was more difficult, as boys do things later than girls. He was 50% there for a while and I just couldn't get him to do #2. Then, one...
This is what I bought...   http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11468531&cp=2255957.2273443.4392756.2256193&parentPage=family
I just bought my 4-year-old son a high-back booster last week. It is the Evenflo Snugrider or something like that. It was on sale at Toy R Us for $35! It's been great and I highly recommend it. My 6-year-old has one too (an older version). I agree about making sure the child is "mentally ready" for the booster. The first two days we had it, my son got himself out of the seatbelt when we were stopped at a stop sign, then again at a red light. He wanted to show me he could...
following...   Savannah is beautiful! Been there as a visitor many, many times. Husband and I plan on making a trip there in the next few months to check out Richmond Hill. It is a small city just south of Savannah. We have heard great things about it. Very family friendly apparently. I read that the RH school system is one of the best in Georgia. Doesn't matter for us though, as we homeschool. Homeschooling is very easy in Georgia by the way. We are currently living in...
LOL!!!!!