or Connect

Posts by FAmom

DS#3 has hair below his shoulders..... and he is almost 3.  He is my wild one, and I can't imagine him without it!  Sure, other people think he is a girl, and DH makes a few comments here and there, but, soon enough well cut it.  For now, I love it and it suits him.  My other boys ended up having their short haircuts more regularly starting at around 3.     As long as there isn't a maintenance issue, doesn't pose a safety or hazard risk, and you don't have to yank...
I forgot something big.... and I realize this may really get a lot of differing opinions..... and I said I'd never do it when I had kids......but....   .... we have a computer in our dining room which we stream cartoons over for the kids during many meal times.  I can't believe I forgot it last night, but, I have to put it because we were struggling during meals.  Like you, it was just torture.  And, sorry to say, we just did it.  Typically a cartoon will run 20-30...
I'll try not to ramble, but I have a whole host of thoughts after reading your post, along with a headache that is trying to come to the front of my mind.     So, first, I just wanted to say that I also have 3 boys, and definitely could have written your post.  And, frankly, there are probably posts somewhere of mine that sound pretty close at another place I've been before.   Anyway, to me, it seems as though you kind of need some triage.  Which really is a way...
Funny.... I don't fit in anywhere.  And, when I read this thread, if the OP is "sortacrispy", then I'm likely "justsorta"..... I don't even want to list stuff for myself that makes me considered "out there" by those around me.  I think I'd end up run out of here too if I did.  So, I don't really fit in here either.
So tell me, what have your kids destroyed?   My body and my mind.   And, lots of other stuff.  Furniture.  Window screens.  Curtains.  You name it, they've destroyed it, or part of it, or are likely to any day now.     But, it gives me an opportunity to learn to fix something new, or dispose of something else that is cluttering up my very cluttered home.  And, while they may have destroyed my body and mind, they keep my heart full!
http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2010/07/02/sabrinas-law-school-allergy-laws-and-policies/   The above is a link from the Allergic Living site.  It looks like it might have some helpful resources for you.
I see that you are in Canada..... if you were US, I'd say get a 504.  I don't know what is comparable in Canada to that.   I would think that given the support surrounding the death of Sabrina Shannon, schools might be more receptive, compared to how things go in the US.   Either way, in the US, Food Allergies are considered a Hidden Disability and are covered under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.     I'd check into disability laws... and if there are...
The above post got me thinking.....   Here is a good link, with some good descriptions and categories for eczema vs other allergic skin conditions.   http://www.aaaai.org/patients/publicedmat/tips/allergicskinconditions.stm   For us, the main thing that relates to that, is seeing an allergist vs seeing a dermatologist.  And, again, I agree with the above poster that a pediatrician might say the same thing as the dermatologist, but a good pediatrician will...
I'm so convinced that most doctors are simply rattling off a list of things they memorised from their medical textbooks, and only a handful of really good ones will actually look closely at the skin, and consider the interplay of genetics, skin, environment, and daily care routine.   I kind of agree with you.  I would also add, that for me, a good doctor is one that will work with you if they don't know.  I can appreciate a doctor if they are willing to realize that...
Link to pacific foods allergy info..... they do oat milk.....  http://www.pacificfoods.com/get-to-know-us/faqs/processing-allergen-questions   But, I did find one page with an oat milk recipe.  Has anyone made oat milk?  Does it turn out like the store bought stuff?  It seems like you make what is essentially oatmeal, and strain it.  Doing that would be much cheaper than buying something I would think.  I don't know if it would work in coffee though.  Too watery?