or Connect

Posts by megannt

My daughter is almost 10 months and we just give her fruits and veg all across the board. I was giving her all kinds of food, but she was having some tummy/night sleeping issues and her naturopath suggested I stay away from dairy, eggs, meat and wheat because those foods commonly cause food sensitivity reactions. She also suggested giving food that is high in iron and zinc because breastfed babes tend to be deficient on those two things at a year. At 12 months is when I...
I had a swaddle addict on my hands. What we did is we would always try and get her out of it, but then if all else failed, then we would use it. It wasn't worth it for us to lose massive amounts of sleep.   What we did that helped: I would rock and nurse her in a blanket that would act as a swauddle. I would wrap her up tight and then after she was asleep, then I would unwrap her and lay her down. If she woke up and couldn't go back asleep, than I would just swaddle...
Thank  you for your reply! I made the tea with water and she loved. Helps that she is really into drinking out a glass like her mama.   If the tea doesn't help, I am totally going to try the gripe water. Makes sense, it has fennel in it, just like the tea.
Oh man, I needed that kind of laugh :)     We are keep it sacred nap family. I find that I need the down just as much as DD does.
My daughter has been having some gas issues at night that are making it very difficult for her to settle. I visited my naturopath yesterday and she recommended a certain kind of herbal tea (fennel/peppermint) that can help. This might be a really weird question, but can you make tea with breastmilk, instead of water? I hate to give my daughter too much water (she is 9mo. old) or maybe I'm overworried about giving her water. I'll be giving her some tea every night --...
Yup, I have one of those, too. Well, sometimes she is a velcro baby, some days she is more independent.. She used to not be down with anyone but mom or dad holding her, which was super stressful because whenever we went to family gatherings, everyone would want to hold her and she would cry and fuss. it was super awkward turning people down, but i hated seeing her so upset.   She is getting better, but somedays just wants to be close to mom. Thank goodness for...
Yes, swaddling! That was the one thing that really helped. we used the velcro swaddle blankets and they rocked. Oh, and maybe a white noise machine? We have one for our baby and it keeps all the noises at bay. Nothing more frustrating that putting you baby to sleep only to have her woken up by a random noise.    
This probably isn't what you were hoping to hear, but this is exactly how DD was when she was little. I held her all of the time for naps because she would give me long naps that way. If I laid her in her bassinet, then I would get short naps, so I would hold her to get more of a break.   Now, she sleeps 1-2 hours in her crib, when I would maybe get 45 minutes. I really didn't do much different, except she just got older. Really, I think as far as sleeping goes,...
I flew with my daughter and we didn't bring a stroller. That being said, I was with a couple family members so there were lots of helping hands to carry my bags, etc. I think you might want a stroller to carry everything else, just a thought. somtimes the baby isn't too much, but when you add in a backpack and a diaper bag, etc., it can get overwhelming, especially if it's just you. Someone else mentioned this, but you can check your stroller at the gate and not have to...
My DD is 9.5 months old. We started solids around 6 months old and are using the baby led weaning method. She eats solids twice a day, usually veggies and fruits.   I am having the hardest time getting my baby to nurse during the day, other than going down for naps. So she usually gets a good feeding right when she wakes up, then right before her two day time naps, and then right before she goes to bed. Sometimes I can get another good feeding out of her, but lately...