or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by erigeron

Well, I wanted my husband to do the bath, because I didn't feel up to standing for that long, but he wanted the students to do it. I think he felt unsure around a newborn again because it had been a little while. So there was that. He could have done it if he'd wanted to though.   I think they take them to the other room to examine because it is convenient; they can line up all the babies and the pediatricians can go right down the line and examine them all. The second...
Oops, 99.2% . Mirena is 98%.    http://www.drugs.com/pro/paragard.html
Well... he might not feel the same way. He might be okay with you having another relationship on the side (polyamory) or just having another sex partner on the side without it also being a romantic relationship. Some people have open marriages. Some don't. I personally would not have one, but I wouldn't tell somebody else that they should not, if they think that is best for them. I think Mark is the only person who can really answer whether it is fair to his feelings or...
The past few weeks, I have been experimenting with sitting down with my husband on Sunday night and making a shopping list of what staples we are out of and planning out the meals for the week so we can get the ingredients. We pick meals based on what we're interested in and what uses up ingredients that we have. I haven't yet added in shopping the sales but sometimes I'm still adjusting the menu on the fly at the grocery store based on what is on sale or what is more...
Wow, this thread is something else. Hoping for the desired results over here. I had the copper IUD from 2008-2010, and got it removed so I could conceive my first child. I just got another the other week. I don't want to use the Mirena because if it stopped my periods, I would always be wondering if I was pregnant, and probably need to take out stock in First Response. The IUD is supposed to be 99.9% effective. I suppose the other 0.1% all found this thread. 
Birth is about safety and comfort for mom and baby. It's not about dad. He only belongs there if he is part of that comfort. He doesn't get a free pass bc he contributed genetic material. 
I charted to conceive both children but I don't find charting to avoid to be all that useful. My cycles are short and I have a delayed temperature rise following ovulation; those two factors add up to hardly any day being "safe", so for us charting to avoid basically is almost the same method of birth control as using condoms all the time. 
Little Guy had his 2 month shots this morning. We have a new doc and instead of one in each leg, the medical assistant did both in the same leg in really fast succession. They call her "Vicky the Vaccinator" because she's so efficient. He was eating interspersed with fussing during most of the time we were in the room, then finally fell asleep. So when I put him down on the table for the vaccines, he woke up somewhat, then cried in indignation once he got the shot, but...
Infant mortality includes babies up to age 1 and so encompasses pediatric care. Perinatal mortality is the stat to look at to assess how births are going. Also when comparing countries, you need to be sure to compare apples to apples. The data needs to encompass all of the same cases. The US includes some births in perinatal mortality stats that would not be included in other countries, like births before a certain gestation (sorry, I forget the details). There are a lot...
It can be a real pain to get vaxed. This is encouraging though; there are ways to address these issues. 
New Posts  All Forums: