or Connect

Posts by erigeron

I liked it as a travel crib or for a visiting child to sleep in. Though when we went out of town we had the family members we were visiting borrow one for our use, instead of lugging ours there. I didn't use it much for her to play in at home; we basically just let her have the run of the house. It helped that she was never the kind of kid to get really into things and wreck them in the space of 5 seconds, so we did fairly minimal childproofing and it was okay. If you have...
I can't even follow that post, but those people sound nutso. Can't blame you for keeping your distance. 
I don't think there's a such thing as a joint IRA. My husband and I each have IRAs in our own name. But when we get money we want to put in an IRA, we split it evenly between the two. It doesn't seem quite right to do it another way, even though we obviously don't plan to divorce and we plan to both use the money from both IRAs. We have never had incomes that were equal and for most of our marriage they haven't even been close, so splitting would be weird. Before we were...
I kind of agree with the consensus in this thread. Going straight to splitting would be weird. Have you had disagreements over how to handle your money before? When we say you don't get much income from the trust, does your husband agree it's an inconsequential amount and is just upset on principle, or does he think it's sufficiently high that it should become part of a household fund? I wouldn't fuss about my husband getting a random $20 here or $50 there that he...
Well, I wanted my husband to do the bath, because I didn't feel up to standing for that long, but he wanted the students to do it. I think he felt unsure around a newborn again because it had been a little while. So there was that. He could have done it if he'd wanted to though.   I think they take them to the other room to examine because it is convenient; they can line up all the babies and the pediatricians can go right down the line and examine them all. The second...
Oops, 99.2% . Mirena is 98%.    http://www.drugs.com/pro/paragard.html
Well... he might not feel the same way. He might be okay with you having another relationship on the side (polyamory) or just having another sex partner on the side without it also being a romantic relationship. Some people have open marriages. Some don't. I personally would not have one, but I wouldn't tell somebody else that they should not, if they think that is best for them. I think Mark is the only person who can really answer whether it is fair to his feelings or...
The past few weeks, I have been experimenting with sitting down with my husband on Sunday night and making a shopping list of what staples we are out of and planning out the meals for the week so we can get the ingredients. We pick meals based on what we're interested in and what uses up ingredients that we have. I haven't yet added in shopping the sales but sometimes I'm still adjusting the menu on the fly at the grocery store based on what is on sale or what is more...
Wow, this thread is something else. Hoping for the desired results over here. I had the copper IUD from 2008-2010, and got it removed so I could conceive my first child. I just got another the other week. I don't want to use the Mirena because if it stopped my periods, I would always be wondering if I was pregnant, and probably need to take out stock in First Response. The IUD is supposed to be 99.9% effective. I suppose the other 0.1% all found this thread. 
Birth is about safety and comfort for mom and baby. It's not about dad. He only belongs there if he is part of that comfort. He doesn't get a free pass bc he contributed genetic material.