or Connect

Posts by erigeron

Yeah, I think that was the same doctor who gave her rather brilliant counsel earlier in her pregnancy, when she was throwing up all the time and losing weight. My grandmother asked if she should be taking vitamins and the doc replied that she didn't need them because she'd get all the vitamins she needed from her food. To which she responded "WHAT food?" At least I hope this was the same doc both times, because I hate to think she saw two different docs who were both that...
My grandmother was told to give my aunt rice cereal at something like 2 weeks too. My aunt was premature and my grandmother responded "She's not even supposed to BE here yet!"
Oh my... I am very pro-choice but I think that requiring doctors to ask if a pregnant woman wants to terminate is just as bad as requiring them to show an ultrasound or give misleading information about the risks of abortion.  I think if I were the doc and the mom seemed okay with being pregnant I would probably say something like "So they legally require me to ask if you want to terminate".    I got the whole gamut of stupid comments during this most recent pregnancy....
Whoops, my bad... looks from upthread like they may have changed the requirement for kids 2-5 (we covered this when I was in school ~5 years ago, and I don't vaccinate this age group myself so I don't see it a lot). My general point still stands, though, in re the polysaccharide/conjugate issue. 
I see this is a rather old thread but nobody actually answered the question posed in the original post. When considering the use of Pneumovax vs Prevnar it's a question of how the vaccine is formulated. Pneumovax is a polysaccharide vaccine. Polysaccharide vaccines are not recommended for children under 2 because they don't respond sufficiently to that formulation. They need a conjugate vaccine--Prevnar is a conjugate vaccine. Hence why Pneumovax is not on the schedule for...
I think it is on the upswing. It has the old-fashioned air and yet a light airy sound that is so popular nowadays (Sophia, Olivia, Hannah, Amelia, Emma, etc.) Never heard the tattooed lady song.    Lydia would be higher on my list but my MIL's name is Linda and it seems a little too similar. 
This reminds me of the book Run by Ann Patchett. There is a family in the book that has passed down this little statue of the Virgin Mary from generation to generation. The girl in each generation who most resembles the statue gets it. But then the last woman to get it only has sons, and then dies, and her widower is asserting his sons, who sleep with the statue on their dresser because it reminds them of their mother, should have a claim on the statue despite not being...
The Moby and the pseudo-Mei Tai both sound like you are using them in holds that are more for really little babies--all scrunched up/curled up against you? I wonder if your girl is ready for a more upright hold. I haven't used the Moby personally, but most who have say it's only good for the first few months and after that baby gets too heavy for it to really be comfortable. You could look into different holds that are used with a wrap carrier, and you might be able to do...
Perfectly fine name imo. Why did ppl have negative opinions?
HAHAHA! I'll make sure I don't do that.  What with babywearing I have taken him everywhere with me and only had one or two people outside the family hold him. If he's on me mostly people don't ask. I took him to a book group last night and when we were leaving the hostess expressed dismay that she hadn't gotten to hold him. I said he was really too young to pass around, and she seemed to understand. Once he's a little older he'll like it better anyway.