or Connect

Posts by erigeron

^^^My own mom seemed to think I was the worst teenager on the planet for some reason. She never had to deal with a teenager who actually skipped class, smoked, did drugs, stayed out late, even had a boyfriend... On the scale of stuff teenagers can do, these shirts seem pretty tame. My kid is still a toddler, but I can't see myself fixating on something like this when she's a teen. 
I never had an issue. Over time I realized that it feels like a much bigger issue to you than it is to anybody else. 
I know you attribute a lot of your health problems to choices your mother made when you were small, mama24-7, but a lot of other mothers also make those choices and their kids don't have the issues you have. So while it may be a problem for a few people it's hardly a cut-and-dried case of formula leads to digestive problems.    In my line of work it's hard to pump at work. I did it anyway because I am very stubborn, but I have to admit for my next baby I am balancing...
I wish the FDA had the funding to do their own testing rather than have to rely on manufacturers to do it.    As for Vioxx, that points to another problem I have with drug marketing--every drug company wants their drug to be a new blockbuster drug. Vioxx had some nasty side effects, but there were also some people for whom it worked when NOTHING else did. If it had been a niche drug, used only as a last resort, then it might still be available to people who feel its...
When she was about 18 months old I had to cut my daughter back from 10-14 times a day--she would have nursed all. the. time. if it were up to her (and she was night-weaned by this time!) and it was driving me up the wall. I reduced her frequency of nursing gradually. If she asked and I said no I would offer an alternate activity. She would hate it for a few days, but then she'd get used to the new limits and quit asking all the time. Over a period of a couple of months I...
I agree with the article that most of the time it probably is a genuine oversight. I guess for this I am grateful for my erratic, constantly changing work schedule. I never get into enough of a routine to not be very aware of where my daughter is and who is responsible for her. If I'm driving her somewhere, I know it. I couldn't get in a "rut" and forget that today we had a change and it was my turn to take her to day care, because there's no "rut" to begin with.
I think that having the information pinned or highlighted at the top of the forum is a good idea. I just submitted that suggestion to the Site Help and Feedback forum. I just went through this last month in getting the February DDC started and it does seem to me the information could be a bit more readily available in this forum. 
Can there be some sort of sticky or note at the top of the I'm Pregnant forum regarding what members are to do if they're looking for a new due date club that's not up yet? (Co-leaders needed, link to the requirements for leaders, etc.) It seems like every month someone starts a new thread and this information has to be relayed; the information is available elsewhere on the site and it's not the end of the world to have to go digging for it, but I think it would...
yeah, I'm kind of on your mom's side in this one. You're asking her to deny a big part of her past and current emotional reality in order to maintain a relationship with you. I don't think that's fair or realistic. I don't think she should be spending a bunch of time trashing your dad to you, and particularly not to your kids, but if it comes up occasionally I think it would be a good time to take a deep breath and remember that she is her own person, she has her own...
I'm so sorry cricketschirpin.