or Connect

Posts by HannahJ

I thought the country livers might be good people to ask...   I really want a pressure canner, but I've unfortunately got an induction cooktop.  It seems that the best ones (seems that people love the all-american brand) are all aluminum.  Even other brands don't seem to make any good ones in stainless.  I'm so sad and am wondering if there is anyone who has an idea I haven't thought of.  I don't really want to have to buy another burner, which I know is an option a lot...
I'd like to buy a pressure canner and it seems that the All-American is the brand people really love.  Unfortunately, though, they're aluminum and won't work on my induction cooktop.  :(   Any recommendations?  Anyone pressure can on an induction?   thank you!
Looking for inspiration...   I am taking my 2 year old to a costume event this year for Halloween, so am trying to come up with some ideas for something I can make/create.  I can sew simple things, but am no experienced seamstress!  So I'm looking for something simple that won't take hours and hours of effort.  Anybody have any ideas?
So interesting to hear all of your experiences.  My thought on the fact that evenings are already hard was this... I imagined that without a nap, I'd be putting him to bed much earlier (ie,  maybe 6:30pm instead of 7:30 or 8:00) and that evenings would therefore be a little easier because they'd just be shorter for all of us.  But I can definitely understand the logic in why losing the nap might actually make them harder if he's overtired.   Sleep seems to be a...
Curious to poll people and learn when your child stopped napping.   And what were the signs that led you to realize it was ending?   My boy has been waking almost 2 hours earlier than usual each morning.  He's sleeping about 9.5 hours a night and taking a 2 hour nap each afternoon.  Could the early waking this week mean he's going to drop the nap?  He's almost 2 years old.  Should I encourage dropping the nap?  Evenings are HARD around here, as he's not very...
Mamas, I'm in sort of a rough phase here with my toddler, in finding things to occupy him on his own.  I engage with him all the time I'm with him, but there are times when I would love for him to be entertained for a few minutes on his own... (when I'm trying to make dinner is the main one).  I've tried all sorts of things and sometimes various activities I set up will work, but other times they won't.    I'm at the end of my rope some nights while I'm desperately...
I'm ready to transition my almost-two-year-old to his own bed.  He's been doing a combo of being on the floor on a crib mattress, and also sleeping with us.  I'd like to get him a twin bed because I know that when I nurse him back to sleep, there's the possibility of my falling asleep in the bed with him, and this is becoming hilariously inconvenient and scrunched for the two of us to be on a crib mattress.   But... the bed situation in this country is such a mess! ...
shux. nobody's experienced this?     Or anyone have an opinion on what it might mean?
this is the 2nd cycle in a row that I've had spotting a day or two before ovulation.  It's been either brown or very dark/ almost black.  But it's definitely not bright red.  Makes me think it isn't new blood.  But is that accurate thinking?   Anyone else?  Thoughts on what this could be?   I think of spotting as being hormonal, but could this be more anatomical... due to my cervix opening slightly just before I ovulate?     I've heard it said that usually,...
so glad to see this. not sure how I missed it, but I just posted a question about montessori and implementing it at home.  should have checked this first!  What resources do you all use to learn more?  I'm not very familiar with montessori as a method or philosophy, but I think it's really intuitive to help little ones to help themselves.  I see just how much my son wants to help and do, and how much he is capable of.  so much more than we often give them credit...