or Connect

Posts by rebecca_n

that doesn't sound like a healthy relationship at all and while I can see how it is benefiting him I think it is just hurting you. My ex husband the lying/sneaky sort who was a real charmer when he wanted to be and sounds very similar. You should be able to trust your spouse and not fear them, emotionally or physically. Do you have a backup plan? I would think about an exit plan and gather some evidence of his addiction stuff if he would be a danger to your child without...
I'm sorry. hearing that from your husband while drink/tipsy whatever must hurt so badly. I wish people weren't attacking your post and I really hope things work out for you. good luck :hugs: and not okay ever if he is physically hurting you- ever. I've been there with my ex and it wasn't a healthy place to be. You deserve to be treated with respect as his wife and partner.
mine was two when I had his sister and very attached at night (same thing, nursing at night and sleeping attached) and while we read books and talked about how I was going to have to nurse baby at night instead and kept a sippy of water in bed that we offered nothing really worked. The night I was in labor was tough as he would not sleep and was crying/sad with daddy all night. That is until I had the baby (he came down to watch) and then he went and napped with daddy....
I understand how tough the whole situation is, but what has made me speak out on issues is  that maybe with everything out on the table you can work on the relationship and fall back in love with each other. Intentions matter, and you are not trying to hurt him. You're trying to better both of your lives. Would counseling (couple or individual or both) be a possibility for you two? 
I saw your story on facebook and saw that it was his birthday recently. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that you and your family are going through. you've been in my thoughts and I wish it had never happened. 
sounds like a normal reaction. you had one loss and fear another. hope you find some peace :hugs:
I feel the same way. I've always been socially awkward but since having kids I've become much more aware of health things ect (gentle parenting, not vaxxing, trying to avoid toxins) which just makes me feel like more of an outcast. btw, I'm fine with others making different choices (other than hurting their children because I have a hard time seeing that and will say something) but people don't seem to be okay with my choices. My own sister has stopped talking to me and...
I really can't offer much advice but wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. I'm dealing with similar things and thankfully it's only about 50% of the time. Those times are so hard though and I am sorry you're going through this. I was able to find a do your own therapy guide online that helped a bit with my dh but it got taken down. Since he doesn't like to talk to anyone and distrusts doctors/therapists it was the best solution and really helped when he was doing...
what about marriage counseling? I don't think the OC is reallt the main problem, your husband is. Since you love him see what he says about counseling together. I know people have said churches offer it cheap or free. I just saw your other post and I started reading through your other ones. I wouldn't be able to stay with someone who did that but if you are going to then it would be in your best interest to get him communicating (and I know you've tried but I didn't read...
my son was one and dry nursed through my whole pregnancy then we tandem nursed another two years. he went from nursing 10 plus times a day at 3 to gradually slowing down (for some reason I think my body stopped letting down for him since his sister was getting milk and he wasn't ?). around four he only asked to nurse about once every other day, then got longer in between. I would say he's weaned now even though he might try to nurse once in awhile (maybe once a month)....