or Connect

Posts by KateDavies45

Oh, forgot to mention that for the first two weeks we tried nursing she had almost ZERO interest in latching or sucking at my breast. Yours are already WAY ahead there!
My dd was born at roughly 35 wks and spent a few days in NICU as well. I wound up starting my supply by exclusive pumping. DD did not even get the chance to try to latch until 6 days after birth. We kept up with the pumping for a while but after we came home and I spent a few nights dealing with 3am bottle feedings we decided that, at least at night, we needed to switch to nursing. Basically what I did was block out a 6hr timeframe at night where we would just keep...
recently, (in the last few weeks) my 25mo DD has not been wanting to nurse except sometimes right before bed, but even at those times only for a few minutes. I haven't been feeling let downs for around 7mo now and she has been gradually asking less and less to nurse. We've always bf on demand and I have no problems going longer if she wants to. I am lucky enough to actually remember MY nursing experience with my mother (I weaned at 5yrs) and always assumed my...
Have you checked out Dr. Diane McMains in the clock tower center? She's awesome. The staff originally told me I had to vax but at the first appointment I requested to speak with the Dr. first and she's been good with that so far (dd is about to turn two, we've had only three vax as seperate things that I approved of before hand) they nurses still ask me at each visit if we're going to do any shots that day but they don't give me any grief about it when I say no. She's...
My DD (now 21mo) was having tantrums already at that age too. I was sooooo frustrated and couldn't really think of anything to do since it was obvious that she was upset but all she could do was cry and scream and hang on my clothing. We started taking not really time out, I guess it's more of quiet time since I go with her, when that happens. I or DH tell her quietly that she's having a tantrum and upset so let's go sit down for a minute in your room(normally she's at...
How do you feel about fish? My dd (from around 11mo on) LOVES smokes salmon. She will eat a pack of it by herself if we let her. It's high in omega-3's and monounsaturated fats, plus if you like fish it's just plain yummy. you can put it on crackers, or make a lettuce wrap with it or just eat it plain (which is how DD likes hers).
I was just in a very similar situation (literally just got back from NY, 24hrs ago) ....My grandmother was in hospice and I had the chance to fly out to see her before she passed. DD is just now 15mo and after much deliberation DH and I decided it would be less stressful for her to stay with DH and Grandma than to to try and fly her last minute across the country with me for four days total. DD did just fine with DH (I sort of lost my shit being so far away from her for...
I have personally lost about 80lbs through exercise....however a few points. at the time this started I was 14, 5'9" and 225lbs. I lost the weight on what amounts to a 4000cal/day diet of junk food. I was walking about 5 miles total per day (speed walking with my backpack for school) I cleaned 20 12'x20' horse stalls with a pick and a wheel barrow, and I rode between 4 and 6 hrs per day (show jumping, cross country and western reining not just walking along a trail)....
This isn't really stranger danger, but it falls into that same sort of safety catagory: I remember my mom telling me that if I'm lost or can't find her to look for a mommy with kids and tell her, not the policeman you sometimes hear about. If I'm not mistaken that subject is touched on in "Protecting the Gift" as well, and really, how often do you see a policeman in uniform walking around when  you need one?
This was written about a month after the surgery to remove a ruptured ectopic pregnancy back in may of 2010....     I've tried and failed to write about this for the better part of a month now. I've even managed to get up an - extremely - shortened/highlights reel version of what went down. I had ordered a copy of my medical chart and the notes/chart/whatever the fuck they call it where the Doctors wrote down what happened during my surgery. I thought maybe if...