or Connect

Posts by KateDavies45

Well, DD (now 10mo and happily sleeping in her own crib in her own room was about 5 1/2 mo when we made the change. It was a gradual working up to it tho. She started out sleeping in our bed which was fine with us. She was a very good sleeper (she started out with a 6 hr stretch as a newborn and pretty much kept that patern, waking up every 2-3 hrs after that six hour bit to eat. I was content to stay this way until DD was old enough to tell us she wanted her own bed....
Having not ready anything but the first post yet, I guess I'd like to chime in with personal experiance (Mine, not my daughters)   At 17 I graduated early from charter school, had a full time job half way across town, (with no car, I was responsible for getting myself there and back 6days a week) and started college part time at the local community college. I met a guy there, and we started hanging out together AS FRIENDS NOTHING MORE. I did not ask his age, I...
yeah. Before DD I complained about my C-D cup...little did I know that all the pregnancy weight I gained would migrate straight to my chest (which morphed into a 36GG....which is pretty much impossible to find. lol)  
OMG this sounds EXACTLY like my family, on both sides. lol.   I agree with PP about making it about your needs instead of baby. I did that with MIL on co-sleeping. I explained that I was an inherently lazy person. I wanted the best result (i.e. more sleep) with the least effort possible. I was just too lazy and tired to get up to feed her. this way she was right there and didn't even have time to fuss and wake DH before I could pop a boob in her mouth and we could all go...
The local wic office here in S.A. were the ones who rented me a breastpump (free of charge) when DD was just out of the NICU but still not BF'ing very well yet. They've been very supportive, it's just sort of sad to see that very few other moms in the clinic are BF'ing and I haven't met any that have gone longer than 6mo....
Okay so lately baby fever has struck with a vengence for baby #2, DD is 9mo 2wks and I can't help thinking that the time is if not right now, getting closer (like within the next few months) to start trying for #2. DD schedule is fairly stable she STTN and has since 5mo, DH and I seem to have worked out the rough patches that stemmed from having DD earlier than planned (she was concieved while I had my IUD) and our financial situation has improved greatly in the last few...
This is exactly why parents have things like wills in the first place. Both mine and DP specifically state that in the event of our death/etc DD is to go to a very good friend of ours, or another very good friend of ours who were both on board with this. AND specifically says guardianship is not to go to either my parents or IL's as both sets have abuse/addiciton issues. We don't cut them out of our lives because they do love DD very very much and I have no problems...
I don't have any experiance with EC but DD is just now 9mo and has been nursing to sleep (in a crib for about 3 1/2 months now) since day one. and had been sttn for about 3mo consistantly (and by that I mean an 9-10 hr streatch or more) we do CD and I make sure to change her right before I nurse her at bedtime so she goes down with a fresh diaper (7-8pm) and she wakes up wet and ready to be changed at 6:30am like clockwork. Sometimes she'll nurse back to sleep after for...
My dd is 8mo (7mo adjusted age) does the same thing and I am also at home or with her nearly all day. She does still nurse (mostly in the morning for about 30 min on waking and before and after naps but when she's awake and playing she's all about solids and finger foods. I'm in the same boat, i.e. worrying that she'll wean earlier because of it (she is my first so I don't have anything to compare this with) but she does nurse for comfort at times and -definately to go...
I don't really have any advice, but I wanted to say that I think it's amazing that you kept up pumping as long as you did. My DD was in NICU for 2 1/2 wks and I was pumping for over two and a half months so before she got the hang on BF and that seemed like FOREVER.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to EP for over a year. It may not be when you planned on weaning but I still think you did an awesome job!