or Connect

Posts by Yummymummy74

Yes this happens with us a fair bit! we have some close friends with kids, and I despise it when those kids come over because it's just a level of chaos I am not used to! and with my houseful that says something! LOL
Yes same to you! good luck! 
I used to post on MDC all the time, then after my youngest was born (5) Dh and I decided for him to get a Vasectomy. I went back to work, and had a career for a few years again and really fell out of the loop with my boards. Well we decided to get the vasectomy reversed! So we are now officially TTC :) The procedure was a success according to the urologist who did it, and there was was motile sperm in each side  Dh is doing great at 5 days post op and we are going to...
Great idea! you totally jogged my memory when I was a kid my fave comics were those Archie comic books.. I used to read tons and tons of those!  I'm absolutely going to find him some comics asap. Yes great idea as well.. I do read it to him and I like the suggestions about the magazines as well (just need to make sure its age appropriate stuff) when I was a kid we had something called OWL magazine or something like that I should look and see if they still produce it or...
I think we definitely want to stick with "unschooling" we are a very laid back family and we don't like rigid schedules or guidelines.   Yes he is very very into video games, lego.. building things. So all good ideas. And yes, he does seem like a brick wall sometimes!      His eyes are ok, they have been checked.. he's not dyslexic just supremely stubborn :) The allowance idea is a good one, his recent interest is money and collecting and counting coins he finds around...
Just came back to read the replies, thank you everyone SO much!. I'm exhausted right now but I will come back tomorrow and reply everyone's ideas individually!   Thanks   
Anyone else have any suggestions?  
Those guys are cute!   I have a Skinny pig if that helps? it's basically a bald pig. We keep him in a regular cage and we use carefresh bedding for him, the colorful cottony stuff. He's pretty low maintenance the kids are in charge of him, they change him, feed him etc.   They need lots of hay and fresh fruits and veggies! it's not ok to just feed them pellets. I find more people are allergic to the Hay than the pigs themselves.  We had to switch to Oxbow...
Yep very cool thread! I've never given this any thought before, interesting to read all the responses.  
  Good idea, I don't know if I would flaunt it around my local library that my 9 year old kid cannot read properly that would be asking for trouble! LOL  However I like the idea about maybe asking an older kid to help out. He's not to phased by pets, we have 4 after all. 2 cats, a Skinny pig & a dog.   Yes this is tough sometimes isn't it! I like your idea about the "tool box" it's basically so true isn't it? my guy will do math, it's just the reading! But when you think...