or Connect

Posts by DuckDuckGoose

This may be a spin off from my "neverending snack request" thread. For me, personally, I do better just on 3 meals. It helps me to keep my weight in check to limit myself from snacking. Not for everyone though! My 2 kids are different. The older one is the neverending snacker. My little one is the snack-mealer. He won't eat sandwhiches or most lunch options so he eats a snack type meal for lunch (his tray usually has some meat, baby carrots, cucumber, a fruit, and...
Any updates? I remember cramping with both of my pregnancies, but I also had early bfp's. There have been a few months where I have had a few days of cramping before bleeding. It can be so confusing. Goodluck!
Last year I used a metal 3 part trellis for my cukes and LOVED it! I will never grow cukes on the ground again. And also last year I used tall wood sticks and deer netting for my peas and HATED it. I couldn't weed very well and the net was saggy. This year I am investing in some green metal signposts and wire to make a more permanent solution/fence around the perimeter of my garden. And I did bush beans last year but didn't love the way they grew all over the place, so...
I don't have the recipe but I had some delicious tortellini with a pumpkin sage sauce. It was awesome! But I guess creamy and savory too so it may be out for you. Otherwise we really like penne with cut up tomatoes, spinach, and goat cheese (onions & garlic optional). Simple and tastes gourmet!  
I just made these cookies and they are AMAZING!  Thanks for sharing!!!  
We're in the North East which has been blanketed with a good half a foot of snow again :( But the warm sun seems to be melting it. I planted my tomato seedlings in the middle of the April Fools day blizzard!! :) Black Cherries, Ananas Noire, and Delicious. My seedlings are doing well. Broccoli is big, and the mini bell peppers are getting there. My hot chinese peppers just sprouted after about 2 weeks in the yogurt maker. And I have bunches of little snapdragons coming...
I could have written your post,  seriously.  My 4 year old is the same way for me. Its frustrating and he spends a lot of time with his daddy because daddy "gets" him better than I do.  we do go through periods of time where we get along better, but I feel like he has similar personality traits that I had when I was a kid and we tend to repel each other.  I also have a 2 year old that is much more of a compliant child. When I am upset at him he gives me this grin and...
Thank you for the helpful ideas!  I'm not seeing where our choices are "heavily processed" though..... We make our own yogurt, and sometimes the granola bars are boxed sometimes homemade, by cheesestick I mean mozzarella or cheddar string cheese. And I'm not of the opinion that cereal is terrible for you.  Its usually rice chex or plain cheerios.   The bagels are a compromise for me. I don't eat them myself but my husband loves them and its a consistant thing that my...
My 4.5 year old is driving me crazy with his eating.  I understand that it might just be a growth spurt but between him and my almost 2 year old I am preparing snacks all day long......and feeling really frustrated and resentful. Does anyone else get this way?  I'm usually pretty laid back about food and I shouldn't be getting angry about it but its feels so out of control.   Here's what our day looks like: When we wake up he gets a bowl of cereal while I make my...