or Connect

Posts by DuckDuckGoose

I'm happy that my post resonated with so many of you ladies!!!! I feel like us ladies who have BTDT with even one c/s need to stick together and support each other. It is literally impossible to empathise with a fellow birther if you haven't experienced a c/s.  I have had to overcome major birth envy and move past the posts that so flippantly describe birth as easy and fast and amazing.  Of course I would still like to experience that, but I have accepted that it just...
I wanted to add my experience because I feel its really important to be realistic when approaching a VBAC with an acynclitic baby.  I had a c/s for my first after 30 hours of labor, OP and acynclitic positioning and eventual fetal distress. (he was very much tangled in his cord and I believe that was the major reason that I did not dialate all the way) Baby #2 was an attempted HBAC with very hands off very supportive midwives. Chiropractic care, and an attempt to keep...
We have mice in our walls in the winter and we bought these little plugins. I'm not sure what they are called or exactly how they work but apparently they send out this frequency that is bothersome to rodents. Its supposed to drive them out of your house.  Apparently it worked for us.  But then a few days later we brought a hamster home, and oops we had to unplug them!! lol    Its worth a try, you may be able to find them online.
We spend about $450/month for a family of 4 (toddler and preschooler) and thats roughly cut in half of what we spent a year ago.   I have rearranged our priorities a little.  I ran up some debt a couple years ago trying to fund my organic lifestyle. I'd spend what we had and then put the rest on the card. But then the card was full and now what? So i started planning meals around the sales flyers and this past summer I got really good at couponing. We don't BUY organics...
I hear you mama. I had a really rough time during my second pregnancy, and my first was older than yours.  So you are basicly just surviving right now. It will be different once the baby comes and there is less of a physical demand on your body.  There will be other challenges but you might just be blessed with an easy newborn!  Theres thinking positively!!   Heres a couple suggestions that come to mind....   Have 3 towels. 3 different colors one for each of you...
  You've made some very valid points!!  Thank you for helping me think this through everyone!!  I was certainly missing some key issues. I do note how flimsy rainboots are. We usually go through one hand me down and one brand new pair in the spring/summer season for my son.  Now that I'm thinking long term it would make more sense to get the Bog boots which could be used in the winter and spring. And then because of the quality they could be handed down to his little...
Well, at the coldest in Jan/Feb it can get down into the teens during the day. Preschool always takes the kids outside unless its blizzarding or pouring rain.  For at least a half hour once/tice a day.   I guess another thing is that I need something that is easily pulled on and off by him.  Last year I found great boots at a yard sale for $1 but they were a PAIN because the lining was always bunching up so I had to put them on him every time.  I feel like it would be...
I live in a place that had pretty cold winters.  My son doesn't have winter boots yet and I can't seem to find a good option thats in our budget yet. But I did come upon an awesome deal for rain boots which he could use for winter and spring. Would you consider outfitting a 4 y/o boy in wool socks/rain boots for winter weather or do you think I should just bite the bullet and get the winter boots?  He really doesn't like to play outside in the snow and probably wouldn't...
Is here even AWARE of the slang word in the middle of that name? I mean kids will be kids and nicknames just happen, but setting your child up with that in his/her name is just cruel.
Thanks for the reply! I had hoped that I could get away with not carding it although the dog brushes sound like a good idea. I was hoping for some BTDT advice so thank you and I will probably just try it out and see how it goes.