or Connect

Posts by fuzzylogic

I don't know if it is RX....it comes in the ostomy kits here, but I found the name online.  Google it, and maybe you can buy just a few to try it.
The best answer is "so sorry, we'll miss you."  And leave it at that.....
Both my girls had their ears pierced as infants---one was 3 weeks and the other I think 4 weeks.  You can buy spiffy baby earrings that screw on, but I found that the best were high quality piercing studs with the point smoothed over with an emery board....the ones that they use in the piercing guns.  The backs stay put and don't creep tight.  Cleaning isn't a problem....I held their faces still to wash them and also to clean their ears.....
Well, yeah.  It is hard when you've had such a major upheaval, and hard for your daughter, who has had you at her beck and call for 2 years, to suddenly be demoted from her place in the center of the universe.  Of course she's whiny and difficult, and that's a difficult age anyway. Sometimes, I tell myself I'll do something for x time, and then reevaluate......   If you got to stay at home, then there is another parent?  Can that parent do either pick-up or delivery...
You can maybe use skin-prep or some similar under it, to protect the skin.  It comes in a little wipe like an alcohol pad, and you coat the skin with it and leave it dry before applying the tegaderm.....we use it to prevent tape burns.
Julimummy, can you move the baby into another room?  If you aren't right in sight, she may well settle down sooner, and your movements won't wake her.  Other than that, you may just need to be firm, even if she is sick, and leave her to settle herself.  I don't do unrelenting CIO, but don't pick her up, and just pat her back.  The first few nights will be the longest......also, I've given water bottles or paci's to babies while still flat out refusing to feed them past...
Time to stop co-sleeping, then.  Put him back in his bed when he wakes up......nicely telling him that he's a big boy now, and he sleeps by himself.  You have rights as a parent, and one of them includes sleep.  It would be different if he were an infant, but by now, he can sleep alone.  It will take a week or so, but it will work, if each and every time he gets into your bed, you put him in his.
I have to wonder:  It is widely accepted that a 16 year old cannot hold full driving priviledges because of immaturity.  I'm not really sure she can make this decision for herself.....and I'm not sure that it is in the mama's best interest to make this decision for her. 
Re:  Pumpkin pie:  Can you use actual eggs?  If you can, you can make a custard-type thing with the eggs, pumpkin, and spices......otherwise, I would try using rice flour as the thickener.   Stuffing:  rice, sausage?, celery, onions, mushrooms, and the giblets.  Cook the giblets first and use the broth to cook the rice.  Fish around inside the turkey and get a couple globs of fat to render out, then saute the celery, onions, and mushrooms (chopped medium) in them. ...
Um.....the pelvis on a 16 yr old is not necessarily at adult size.  This can cause problems and is one reason that younger moms are "risked out" of homebirth often.  Also, I would have doubts about a 16 yr old's ability to fully understand the ramifications of homebirth.  She could probably do fine if she were older, but because of her age, she is at an increased risk.