or Connect

Posts by ThaoL

Thanks for the question.  You are correct: many homeopathic medicines are used according to the principle of similars - that is, like cures like.  The principle of similars says that a substance that might cause a symptom in a healthy person, when given in homeopathic dose to a person exhibiting that same symptom, may relieve that very same condition.  For instance, when cutting a red onion (Allium Cepa) one often experiences runny eyes and runny nose.  That's why Allium...
To clarify, the active ingredients in Quit Nits are natural botanical ingredients - not the synthetic or chemical pesticides found in leading head lice treatments.    The active ingredients in Quit Nits, including Quassia Amara, a plant, have been shown to kill lice and their eggs in both lab tests and clinical studies.
I used it on myself and on my 2 year old son last year.  A niece came back from summer camp and infested the rest of us.    Quit Nits worked for us.  One day we had lice, they next day they were gone.  You're supposed to leave product in the hair or at least 4 hours - or better yet overnight if you're able to - and then wash off.  The downside is that, for an active 2 year old, 4 hours with a shower cap on (to keep hair moist) feels like forever.  But, I'd rather go...
    Hyland's Teething Gel has the same active ingredients as the Teething Tablets, in a topical dosage form.  The gel should be applied directly to the baby's gums but it should work the same if ingested.    A second difference between the gel and the tablets is that the active ingredients in the gel are of higher homeopathic potency: this increases the strength and safety margin of the medicine.
Quote: Originally Posted by CherryBombMama i must be totally dense cuz i cant quite understand why they got recalled, can someone help me out? The FDA has received adverse event reports they feel could possibly be related to Hyland's Teething Tablets. The evidence is non-conclusive. Because Hyland's cares about moms and babies more than anything else, being extra cautious, we are voluntarily recalling Hyland's Teething Tablets while we continue...
Quote: Originally Posted by kriket Is there a report on this? I would love to read it. from what I understand, you can get botulism from the environment too, so they would have had to test her tablets to know this was the source. I am very interested in reading a report on this. Amila and Kriket, This speculation was brought to our attention. Following our protocol, we immediately sent out to an independent lab to test the retained finished...
Quote: Originally Posted by amyhulen I used this product with our first 2 children and will definatly be trying to get my hands on more for our 3rd due in a couple months before I can't find it anywhere. I think the bigger issue is giving children "too much" of this product. Alot of people think that if a little is good, a little more is better especially when we are talking about something that would normally be quite a low dose. Agreed. One...
Quote: Originally Posted by rcr Thanks for hosting this forum. I'm a big fan of Hylands, especially teething tabs. What is the deal with the belladonna link? We use belladonna all the time. Should I not be taking it or giving it to my kid? Homeopathic Belladonna is generally safe to use (as directed) because the levels of alkaloids is extremely low compared to levels that are considered toxic. This is due to the serial dilution process in...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 I just want to say, I've been a big fan of Hyland's products for a long time. Not sure what the backstory is here, but if my babes weren't done teething, I'd be stocking up. There's lead in most kids' multis, and this is what the FDA is chasing down? Hyland's, all credit to you for being extra careful, and good wishes to you in what must be a frustrating and difficult time. The outpouring of support...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss Based on the FAQ answers, it sounds to me that Hyland's stands behind the safety of their teething tablets. Are they safe to continue using? (And if so, where can we get more?) Flower of Bliss: While Hyland's believes that our Teething Tablets are safe, the FDA has advised consumers to discontinue their use. Hyland's Teething Tablets will be off the market until we resolve manufacturing process...