or Connect

Posts by Mothering

My sister shared this with me and it put a smile on my face and warmed my heart.       But it also got me thinking about what I would define as characteristics of a good dad. My first thought is active participation in all aspects of their child's life. I think that's important but it's also very broad. This photo just touches on such a special thing showing what this dad willing to do for - and with - his little boy. What things do you see in a man that makes...
This giveaway has ended. Congrats to Mothering member LovelyNJ--you are the winner!! You will be contacted through your profile with instructions.   And thank you to Oak Meadow for the great giveaway!! Don't forget to check out their super helpful Learning Styles Evaluation!   ----   Enter to win a full homeschool curriculum package for the grade of your choice (K-8) from Oak Meadow!   Do you know what type of learner your child is? Do you know what...
With Father's Day almost here we would like to celebrate and honor the dads of the Mothering.com community. Please share your special fathering images for entry into our Father's Day Contest.   Three winners will receive a Mothering Supporter Membership and a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate.   Please read the Contest Terms and Conditions before you participate. Post one image per post. Winners will be chosen by the editorial panel based on thumbs up and total...
It's a bug with certain browsers. It should be resolved soon. 
This New Year, we extend a special thank you to our friends and sponsors at Boba, Earth Mama Angel Baby, and Moon Mysteries!   Their generous donations of over $1,000 will support 75 young women of the Pads4Girls Uganda 2012 campaign. This fundraising effort is intended to benefit 300 young women of Kasana Town, Uganda! The non-profit Shanti Uganda, in partnership with Lunapads and AFRIpads, has organized a direct outreach program for the health and economic...
We have our winners!! Congrats to those who won and thank you all for submitting your beautiful photos!! This has been so much fun and we enjoyed every single image. Winners will be contacted through their member profiles this week.    Please also thank our sponsors, Vyssan Lull and Barefoot Books,  by checking out their great products.    First Place: teagan01 wins $150 to Vyssan Lull!       Second Place: VeganMeegan wins the Barefoot...
Hi Moms,   Here are the next two Chapters in the Breast Feeding Guide, compliments of Motherwear   Section 3:   Getting Started Support & Resources             Section 4:    Nursing in Public Nursing Wardrobe Support and Resources               
  As a nurse-midwife and lactation consultant who made a conscious decision back in college not to go into business, I would have never dreamed that I’d someday own a business of my own; however the birth of my first child in Sweden led me down an unexpected pathway (doesn’t it often!).  Having already made the decision to use cloth diapers, I was very curious when I saw an ad for woolen nursing pads.     My daughter had already been born, and I was struggling with...
Mothering Staff Member, Chris Elias28 will be sending the first 50 mamas who replied to this thread more information on the free teething tablets.  Thanks for your participation!     Every mother wants to ease her baby’s pain quickly. Hyland’s provides a natural treatment for teething pain that mothers have trusted for more than 85 years.   Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets will be back on store shelves everywhere soon!     Hyland's is giving Mothering Members...
This contest is closed. Congratulations to our two winners Kismetbaby and Nancyvly!  You will be contacted via PM.    Random Sequence Generator       Place Here is your sequence: Member 1 50 kismetbaby 2 44 Nancyvly  3 39 brookescott88   *Random Sequence Generator from Random.org...