or Connect

Posts by elluin

I hope the blood test today wasn't too hard on your little one!
Thanks for sharing your lovely story. It's inspiring to hear positive stories about CLW and breastfeeding.
Impressive! Our house could use a decluttering of that size. I'm similarly motivated when something sets me off - glad you were able to make good of that flea!
Sometimes I have to remind myself that my dd's definition of "fun" is not nearly so limited as mine... they enjoy so much of our day that we see as routine.  And how awesome that he has you supporting his needs to nurse instead of pushing him to have fun or wait to nurse. We just nursed every hour to hour and a half last night... I think I lost the ability to fall back asleep hours ago.  Maybe I should be reminding myself that dd has a different definition of sleep too!...
Yeah, I'm not sure why that's the time to start the nurse, nurse, nursing away!  On that particular night I hadn't had a break from nursing yet, but (thankfully) she's not usually a latched-all-night baby.  Last night she had a five hour stretch sleeping, which was amazing and appreciated (mama confession: I gave her ibuprofen before bed because I was too tired to nurse all night again). Someone in our AP playgroup mentioned this article...
I have no studies or articles to offer, but we've been going through the same thing with dd (almost 18 months)... for a few days she has more interest in solids (without ever decreasing nursing) and she also has spurts of more frequent and longer nursing. I continue to offer solids and try not to worry about whether / how much she eats.  I usually guess that the changes are due to growth spurts or teething. Right now we're in the midst of increased nursing... I feel like...
We're a year into gluten-free and I still feel like I'm just getting started! I agree with the pp, learn to live without the processed gf foods where you can... they're expensive and often pretty empty nutritionally. You may want to try some meals or recipes that are naturally gluten free (like Mexican with corn tortillas) to limit the need for replacements. I also don't eat nearly as many bread products now as I used to, but that was a slow adjustment. As far as his...
I relate to how you're feeling; I can't imagine leaving my dd with a sitter even though I loved being a sitter/nanny for years. After the interviews, I recommend hiring the sitter you like to come help while you're home until you and the kids are comfortable and familiar with him/her. When the time comes when you have a birth or appt, you hopefully won't feel like a stranger is coming over to watch your little loves. I've seen sitter questions online and in parenting...
Maybe a yeast infection / thrush? That can cause a rash and frequent urination.
I don't have an answer but would like to hear replies as I also drink a lot of smoothies and share them with my daughter. When I was seeing an acupuncturist, he wasn't a fan of my almost daily smoothie, as he felt the cold affects digestion. We do use fruit we've frozen instead of ice, and unsweetened almond milk for liquid in the smoothie. Way to go on the healthy living changes!